Chapter 5 - Boba Tea

Alex's POV
Social studies class, same time as previous chapter

"Bro! Did you see what they posted about Alex?!" I heard from across the room. Damn, what did I get caught in now? I'm supposed to live a normal life. Oh well.

"Casey! Stop messing around or else I call the office!" I hear Mrs. Fisher yells at him. I just wanna go home...

I copy notes from the board until I'm interrupted by, who would have guessed, Elizabeth. "So the things posted on that page aren't true right? You arent dating that m-" I looked her in the eye and sigh. I get up and move my stuff. Sometimes I feel bad for Elizabeth, I know she likes be but I don't have those same feelings. I wonder whats going on though. "Uh, Hey Manny? Do you know what everyone is talking about?" I ask him.

"Bro you haven't figured out yet?! Do you live under a rock?!" He exclaims. "So you know the school tea page right? Apparently you and Clara went on a date yesterday!" Well, I'm not surprised. Her boss did say we look like a couple. But to be honest, I don't want to date anyone. Shoot I just wanna live a normal life. But I could make an expection for Clara...

"Give me the phone let me see it." It can't be that bad can it? Oh boy was I in for a storm. Thousands of likes and comments, am I really that important?

But I couldn't let this bother me. Normal guy, Normal life? right?

*Time skip to final class, math*

Finally. I could go home.

Clara's POV
Clara's house

The dance was in about a month and Cleo was so very stressed. Homecoming is important, but why stress over some short dresses and awkard boys? Whatever. I'm not going, I have more important things to do. Today I was off and I intented to relax after school. that was until Cleo and Cassie started blowing up the gc. I love then to death but please could they chill out?

I roll over on my bed and pick up my phone. Instantly I see the following:

Cleo:"OMG DID JAXON ASK YOU OUT ISJDKAK"

Cassie: "Yeah but im not going with him. see i've been texting this cute senior and i think he likes me!!"

as much as I love the two, you gotta admit theres no braincells between the two of them.
I respond:

me: cassie, ily but please stop hoeing around !!! your brothers will kill you if the find out.

Cassie: its not like they cared in the first place. why do you think im like this anyway lmaooo

Cleo: guys I think this would be better discussed over some boba, mind if i pick yall up and then we can go to Heaven's Pulse?

Cassie: sounds good!
Cassie: Clara are you going or are you still fawning over alex?

me: I dont like him ! and sure I'll go. cleo isnt driving right ????

Cleo: of course im driving! be there at 4:30.

I love Cleo but she cannot drive to save her life. Oh well. I hope shes paying at least. I throw on some jeans and my mom's old sorority sweater. A simple outfit for a simple girl.

An hour passes and I hear Cleo's car honking outside my house. I tell my mom I'm "studying" and walk out the door.

"So guys, are yall excited for the dance?" Cleo asks.

"Of course I am! Are you going to that upperclassmen's party? I heard theres gonna be guys from different schools there." Cassie replies. Does she talk about anything other than boys?

I tune my friends out with some Harry Styles, until we arrive at Heaven's Pulse. Cleo parks and we walk in.

"Alright girlies, ya'll know what ya'll want?" Cleo asks. " Uhh could I get a Strawberry icee?" Cass says.

"And I just want a small vanilla boba." I ask. We find a table and begin discussing the dance. Cleo settled on a "dancing under the stars" theme and then we began talking about the post about alex and I.

"So I just think you shouldn't worry about it, Clara. The tea pages are mostly made up, and I bet it would be over with and no one will care about it." Cassie says. Its not like I really cared. I had bigger things to worry about. A silly instagram post shouldn't shake my life up.

Until I heard two of Cleo's friends bust through the door.

"CLEO !! CLEO LOOK" The short girl says. She shoves her phone into her face. From what I can see, its another instagram post, from the same page. "I'm Elliot by the way, and he's Tommy!" She says. She was short with black hair and long nails. She had a HxH phone case and wallpaper. Tommy was also short, and the two looked like siblings.

This instagram post read:

Breaking: Alex *insert last name* seen with a crazy blonde girl. Apparently they know eachother?!

Alex has been seen with several girls and we can definitely tell hes a ladies man. - Brisbane.teapage staff

"Well that sucks." Cassie says while poking at her icee. "But I thought Alex and Elizabeth are just like, Childhood friends.." She states.

"Thats not all." Tommy says. " Apparently, This got on Jr. Celebrity news!" He exclaims. As I sat in my silence, I thought about my future. With my illness, I never know if I will wake up tomorrow. My life is a big gamble, it would be nice to spend it with someone I love.

"Alright, this is terrible and all but how did you two find me? I don't have my location on for anything." Cleo asks Tommy and Elliott. " Well, we noticed your car wasn't in your driveway. and we put two and two together and realized you were probably at your favorite cafe!" Elliott tells her.

Oh well. I think I still have time to fix my relationship with Alex. I hope.

"So are you all going to that upper class girls pre- homecoming party? Cleo and I are definitely attending." Cassie asks the duo. "Well, Tommy is kinda scared of big gatherings, so I'm not sure if he wants to go." Cleo sips her cherry & blue raspberry icee. " as for Elliott, I'm not sure."

After that, we leave and head to Cassie's house. It was a mansion situated at the end of town. Cleo had a crush on Cassie's older brother, and she makes it extremely obvious.

"Hey Clara? Are you okay? I don't want you stressed." Cassie asks me while Cleo eyes Cassie's older brother. How do I tell my best friend I only have a month to live? I don't want to panic. 'stay calm clara.' I tell myself in my head.

"well, it's just, alot going on." That's obviously not what's going on. I don't want her to worry though.