Chapter 4 - "The date"

Cleo's POV
School, the next day

"So did you decide on the dance's theme yet?" Cassie asked as we walk to homeroom. "I'm thinking, like, 'dancing in the clouds'. what do you think Cass?"

Cassie looks up at me from her phone. " I think its nice, but did you hear Alex and Clara were on a Date?" She says as she shoves her phone in my face.

It was the school's "tea" page. With a caption reading, "Richest boy in all of Brisbane on a date with a nobody?" I forgot how much I hated this school. "So do you think like, They're actually dating?!" Cassie asked me.

"I mean, I kinda doubt it. Clara isn't the type to fall in love in first site, and Alex is so focused on school I don't think he even knows how to talk to girls!" I say as me and Cassie approach our homeroom. Clara was already there.

"Hey clara! How was your date at- I mean study group, project, thing at Alex's?" I ask. " It was fine, but how did you know I was at his house?" She peers up at me. 'Shit.' I think to myself. She doesn't know that she was photographed out with Alex?

Clara's POV
Homeroom

I take my seat in the back of the class. Cleo and Cassie walk up to me. They ask about how my day was yesterday, as good friends do. Then, out of the blue, Cleo askes me about the time I spent with Alex yesterday. I thought no one was around to see us... and I wasn't like we're actually a "thing".

"Well, working on the project was fun. Despite William's redundant remarks." I tell them. "But Cleo, why did you think I went on a date?" I ask her. Cassie and Cleo look up at eachother, I can almost hear them saying "we're fucked" in their heads.

"Well... Uh... Theres this page ran by one of the newspaper and press club! You know Julius S.? They run it and well.." Cassie stops. Alex walks into our classroom accompanyed by his three musketeers.

Now, collectively, we all say "Shit!". But I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about rumours. I've always wanted to keep to myself, and so has Alex. Hes such an amazing guy. I really don't want our relationship, if you can even call it that, to fall apart before it starts. Anyways, Flash forward to english class.

"So guys! I guess we know what we're doing as out topic now!" Elizabeth says with a smile on her face. As loud as she is, I just can't take my eyes off of Alex. While he is surrounded by his 3 Musketeers and Elizabeth, He still shines through. His green eyes, brown hair, hes just so-

"You hear Alex went on a date with Clara yesterday?" I hear Casey utter. God, hes annoying. "So thats why we were at his house before he was, and the reason we got some awesome free drinks!" Roman looks up at me. "Well mrs. Scholarship, You may actually be worth something!" God damnit, why couldn't I work by myself..

"We weren't on a date." Alex says. "I just picked her up from her job, now if you guys can get serious we can start this project."

"Fine" The boys say in unison. Elizabeth was silent, I hope she doesn't think we have feelings for eachother...

*Flash to Science class*

"Hey Clara! How's your project going?" Cassie asks me. I didn't want to answer. There was so much going on, with the Alex situation and my illness. I could die any second..

"It went fine. By the way, any info on how they got those pictures of me and Alex at the cafe?" I ask Cassie. " Well, if you weren't new to this school, you would know the press club has eyes all around town. Its like paparazzi, but ten times worse." She says.

"and how many followers does this page have?"

"Well, its followed by almost all of the school, other schools, and-" We're interruped by a paniked Cleo.

"GUYS! I have good news and bad news. I'll start with the good. I found a theme for the dance. The bad news is that rumour is spreading fast about you and Alex dating. Its all everyone is talking about!" She shows us the comments on the post.

liluzidagod: Never thought Alex of all people would like someone like that 💀

Theylovee.eli: You guys shouldn't be concerned about these two. Alex wouldn't lower his preference to a loser like herlmaooo🗿

hxrridbaby: Surprised that shes new and already with someone this cute. wait until elizabeth hears about this. @eliza.bethh

eliza.bethh: GUYS THIS IS FAKE ALEX IS BETTER THAN THIS !!!!!

"And it gets worse, believe it or not. Its the only thing people are posting about right now!" Cleo Exclaims.

Well, I didn't know my first month at such an amazing school would be so shitty, but here we are. At least im still living!