Chapter 5

I swear Cheryl has kept Veronica and Archie in that closet longer than necessary. Normally, I'd be on board with all this but my mind is still occupied with other thoughts. I have so many questions about everything the Snake Charmer said but the answers will cost me greatly. A girls got to do what a girls got to do, unless... No, now's not the time to think about this. I'm here to help Cheryl cause some chaos and then I'm going home.

Blue to Fangs: is the offer to come pick me up still available?

Fangs: for you princesa, always. I'll be at the bottom of the gates in 15 :)

Blue to Fangs: you're a lifesaver, see you in 15 ;*

"Where's Betty?" I hear Veronica question so decide to slide my phone into my jacket pocket.

"She spiraled and fled. Between us, she's a lot more high-strung than she looks," Cheryl replies with a smug look plastered on her face.

"You shady bitch."

Oh hell no, no one insults Cheryl on my watch.

"Excuse you, Miss New Yorker, it's not our fault Cooper ditched the party game and the party altogether," I defend. It seems like all I've been doing is standing up for Cheryl in the last 48 hours...

"Oh like you're not one to blame. Just yesterday you were saying let's start fresh then you let Betty run off into the night. You're being as much of a bitch as Cheryl, if not worse. I bet you not turning up to the dance was part of this ridiculous mastermind plan you two came up with," Veronica scolds me.

"You don't know anything! I hate Northside dances so I never go – not like I need to explain myself to you anyway. If I offer my friendship to a Northsider like you, it's bloody genuine so go ahead and call me a bitch one more time. I didn't do anything to make Betty leave and I have no clue what happened to make her leave exactly so it's not my place to chase after her. Even though you're the one being a bitch right now, you're going to get the benefit of the doubt. Nest time, don't mess with the wrong snake," I snap at her.

What? I could have said a lot worse. I take a deep breath and turn to Cheryl, well basically the rest of the party people that have decided to listen in, "That's my cue to leave."

"What are you all staring at? Scatter! This is a party," Cheryl announces then turns to me once the music starts back up, "of course, I assume you have a ride?"

"Should be here any minute and I'm sorry but Northside parties might have just become not my thing," with that statement I turn and head out of the mansion that Cheryl calls a home.

I storm out while flipping off anyone who tried to talk to me. I meant what I said to Veronica. I may give her another chance but that's all she's getting. She better not mess with the wrong snake.

"Woah, Princess, slow down, unless you want to walk home," I hear a voice. Shit, I didn't realize I'm at the gate.

"Sorry, Fangs. My minds a bit preoccupied," I apologies to the raven-haired boy in front of me.

"In that case, may I suggest a trip to Pop's?" he offers.

"That would be great," I smile.

"Hop on then, want me to get Toni and Sweet Pea to join?" he questions.

"Just want to hang out with you right now, if that's ok. I don't need those two trying to kill Northsiders tonight..."

***

"Cheesy fries, onion rings, double chocolate milkshake and a strawberry milkshake," Pop Tate announces as he places our order in front of us.

"Thank you Pop," I say as the older man smiles and then walks off, to attend his other costumers which aren't many as it's so late.

"So, the she-devil is hiding something as she's contacting the Snake Charmer and you want to question your dad about it? Oh and not to mention you nearly slapped the mutt before the rich girl came to his rescue and by the end of the night the new rich girl in town had a go at you so you went full Serpent on her ass and left?" Fangs questions the events of the night that I had just concluded for him.

"Precisely, but I didn't go full Serpent on her ass and that bulldog is going to get what's coming for him one of these days," I reply while taking a sip of the strawberry shake.

"I almost feel sorry for the mutt," Fangs laughs, "so why didn't you want me to get Toni and Sweet Pea to join us?"

"I told you, I don't want them killing Northsiders tonight," I shrug while eating our food, though deep down I just wanted to hang out with Fangs.

"Fine, don't tell me the real reason," he complains.

"You're such a baby Fogarty," I laugh at him until I feel my phone buzz.

Dad: Serpent business – don't wait up for me princess

Pink: locked out again. Can I couch surf at yours?

I sigh deeply.

"Uh oh, more drama?"

"Not exactly, dad's out dealing with serpent business and Toni needs a place to crash tonight," I explain, "sorry to cut the hang out short but could you take me home?"

"Of course. You owe me another hangout session though," he replies with a wink causing me to laugh yet again.

Blue to Dad: Alright. Be safe. Toni is couch surfing at ours <3

Blue to Pink: course – I'll be home in 10 girl

***

"Thanks for having my back tonight," I say as I hop off the bike.

"Like I said it's fine but you do owe me another date," Fangs responds. Wait, did he just?

"Do you just call it a date?"

"No, I mean maybe. Whatever, you want to call it... oh look Toni is waiting on your porch, I better go, bye," he rambles on before riding off into the night.

Well, that was strange but I must say very cute. I laugh to myself as I walk towards where Toni is waiting on my porch.

"Was that Fangs dropping you off? I thought you were at the party?" Toni questions as I open the door for us.

"Give me time to get changed and I'll tell you everything..."

"Oh come on, tell me!" she whines.

"Fine, Jesus girl," I surrender as we move into the kitchen rather than upstairs, "long story short, the party ended up going to shit. Bulldog insulted the Serpents, new rich girl Lodge stepped over the line with me and the party ended up going to shit. Plus, the stuff with Peabody and my mother still on my mind. I text Fangs to get me and we ended up going to Pop's for food."

"Please tell me I didn't interrupt your date, I could've crushed on Pea's smelly couch again," she rambles.

"Calm down Pink," I laugh at her reaction, "It wasn't a date. Though I did promise him another one on one hang out."

"Now that must be a date!"

"Toni shut up, now let's get changed and watch a movie. You're coming with me to get my tattoo before our shift at the Wyrm," I say as I start to walk towards the stairs.

"Ugh work, don't remind. At least our shifts are together," she complains as she follows me up the stairs.

Author's note:

I admit, not my best chapter, but I wanted to get something out for this week. Its also my shortest chapter and I'm sorry. Trying to finish assignments to focus on this story.

Also, my internet is playing up so I'm sorry this chapter is late as I was using my data.

Love, Southside Royalty ;*