Chapter 4

Cherry: You're still coming to my after-party aren't you? Your snake duties better not make you too late!

Blue to Cherry: Don't worry, I promised I'll be there! Though I might end up being fashionably late ;)

Cherry: My favorite type of arrival! See you later M ;*

I sigh and put my phone on charge. It's much later now around the time everyone on the Northside would be getting ready for the dance. Fangs, Sweet Pea, Toni and I are hanging out in my room while I try something to wear to Cheryl's party considering I'm going straight there after seeing the Snake Charmer.

"Why are we here again?" Sweet Pea groans from his position on the floor.

"I said you could leave and come back later but you argued that you wanted to stay so quite moaning Sweetie," I snap at him. God, he's like a giant but acts worse than a baby sometimes.

"Hey, what about this dress, Princess?" I hear Fangs say from my closet. In his hands, he's holding a simple black dress with lace and mesh detailing on the top half exposing just enough cleavage to leave some things to the imagination. If I'm honest I completely forgot I owned the dress but it sure is fitting the occasion. Perfect for Cheryl's after-party while also being serpent-esque enough.

"Mack, I will be raiding your closet from now on," Toni exclaims and she examines the dress. "Wear the boots I got you for Christmas last year and boom perfect outfit!"

"Am I the only normal one here?" Sweet Pea groans yet again.

"Fine. You know where the console and games are. Just don't eat all my snacks," I say as both boys leave Toni and meb in my room.

"Then there was two," Toni laughs, "let me do your hair and makeup?" She pleads making me nod.

***

Surprisingly getting ready took only about half an hour. Who am I kidding, only Northside princesses take longer than that to get ready.

"Wow, T. the makeup looks killer," I compliment while examining my face in the mirror.

"Only the best for our Serpent Princess. Bet Fangs would go crazy to go to that party with you now that you look like that."

"Hit at it all you want babe. It's not going to happen. Now lets motor, I want to catch the Snake Charmer before she heads to the Wyrm for whatever that concoction is that she drinks," I cringe at the thought of the strange drink the Snake Charmer always orders.

Toni simply nods her head as we head down the stairs towards the lounge though I am about 110% sure she is still trying to find a way of bringing up Fangs again. Once we hit the last stair, we head into the room which is occupied by the two raven haired boys. I would love to say that it was peaceful but we all know I'd be lying as the room was filled with battle-like cries which now makes me question how we were unable to hear it upstairs...

"Ha. In your face Pea! Finally a game I can beat your ass in!" Fangs exclaims in happiness.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," Sweet Pea grumbles as he turns towards where Toni and I are standing. "Well, Jones, don't you clean up nicely."

"Thanks, Sweetie, now let's go see the snake!" I exclaim while we all get ready to leave.

I throw on my serpent jacket and we head out. What? That jacket is my baby! Anyway, I lock the door behind us and head over to the motorcycles. I can only hope dad didn't forget his keys again... As I walk over to my three friends I am met with Fangs holding out the spare helmet. Hmm... I swear that before summer started they used to take turns in whose bike I'll be riding, or is that my imagination being wild again?