Chapter 1

"Dad I'm leaving!" I shout running down the stairs of our family home, only stopping at the bottom to put on my heeled boots. Stupid things take ages to lace up but I'll live.

"Where you going on a school night kiddo?" dad asks. Ah right, my dad, Forston Pendleton Jones, brother of FP Jones (who is the best uncle a girl could ask for).

"Just going to meet Toni and the others before school starts. You know, since we don't go to the same school..." I say trailing off while struggling with the stupid laces. Why did I decide to wear the boots that take literal years to put on? Oh yeah, dad decided to send me to school on the Northside last year so I only get to see the Serpents after school and the weekends, normally when I'm working at the Wyrm with Toni. Occasionally, I get to see them when I decide to ditch.

"Ah, I see and is certain Fogarty going to be there?" dad asks as I finish tying the shoes. Looking up at him I realize that he is now smirking.

"Daaaaddd. You know its just Fangs and yes but we're just friends" I whine causing him to chuckle as I walk out the door throwing my serpent jacket on.

You see, normally it would be the mothers being all teasing about boy related things and such but not in this home. Its just dad and I. My mother, Camila Grace Jones decided to leave us not long before I joined the serpents. Dad says that she left because there was a job opportunity but we both know that the real reason was that she didn't like how involved our family was in the gang. I mean my uncle is literally our leader and dad is his right-hand man so it makes sense but she didn't have to leave us like that and head to God knows where.

Pushing the thoughts of my so-called mother away I make it to the end of the driveway where I am met with my friends, the young serpents. They were all leaning against their bikes waiting for me. Times like these I want my own bike, they look so cool! I mean as cool as it can get being in a gang and riding motorbikes.

"Oi! Blue, what took you so long?" Sweet Pea asks as I near the bikes. Strange name I know but hey we're in a gang so what do you expect?

"The Serpent King's right-hand man questioned where I was going," I simply state while receiving a pointed look from Toni. "Fine and I may have chosen to wear the boots that take years to put on..." I continue while looking down embarrassed as the rest of the group just laughs. Great friends, right? I wait until they're done which may I add is taking absolutely ages. I just roll my eyes waiting for them to be finished.

"Alright Princess, hop on," Fangs calls out as he hands me a spare helmet. Quickly, I put it on and swing my leg over the bike. I snake my arms around his torso as we take off towards the Whyte Wyrm. I don't recall the weather meaning to be this cold tonight... As if on instinct I pull myself closer to Fangs, damn has he been working out over the summer? Jesus girl, you're the Snake Princess, focus!

***

Once we arrive at the Whyte Wyrm, we all hurry to get inside. Who said wearing shorts and fishnets was a good idea? As we step inside we are met with the familiar smell of alcohol, cigarettes and what some would call the Devil's Lettuce. Most newcomers would gag at the smell but us? No, this smells like home.

As we step further into the bar, we all scatter. Toni and I head towards the bar to get ourselves a drink, Fangs and Sweet Pea headed towards the pool table and the rest, well I don't know I wasn't paying much attention if I'm being honest. Call me a great leader already...

After ordering our drinks, Toni and I take a seat near the pool table watching the boys play. That is until Toni decides to break the silence that we're sitting in.

"So, have you told Fangs?" She questions without looking away from the game of pool.

"What do you mean? There's nothing to tell," I reply nonchalantly with a shrug.