Chapter 3

"Hey, Cherry?" I call out walking into the locker room.

"Over here," I hear her reply from the row of lockers where ours are located.

"You're not mad at me are you?" I ask as I walk over to open my locker and get dressed to go home.

"I could never be mad at you, Blue. Surprised you took Betty onto our team? Yes but not mad. Plus, thank you for standing up for me," Cheryl says though her last sentence is in a low tone so that the rest of the cheerleaders don't hear our conversation. God forbid they hear our conversation and see our HBIC being soft. They could use Cheryl's vulnerability against her. I simply nod with a smile in response and reach for the performing cheer uniform when I see my phone screen light up.

Pink: we're out the back waiting to escort you, your majesty ;)

I chuckle at Toni's text before texting her back.

Blue to Pink: Just getting changed after cheer. Be there in less than 5 ;*

After sending the text, I chuck my phone in my bag and quickly change into cheer outfit and walk out of the locker room with Cheryl.

"You need a lift home?" Cheryl asks me.

"No, it's alright. Serpents business needs dealing with so got some friends waiting out the back," I explain to her as we head for the doors which lead to the football field.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. You're going to the dance right?" she asks hopefully.

I sigh deeply, I really don't want to go to the dance, like at all, "yeah I'll see you tomorrow Cherry, you know Northside dances aren't my thing."

"At least come to my after-party, I need my partner in crime," she says to which I smile.

"Of course, I'll be at your after party. Now I have to motor," I reply while pointing to the motorbikes which are parked by the gates. She nods satisfied with my response, quickly hugs me then walks off to her car as I make my way over to my serpent friends leaning against they're bikes.

"Oi blue, you make one sexy cheerleader," Toni winks at me as I walk over making me roll my eyes. "By the way, the leather jacket and fishnets really go with the outfit. Reckon if Southside High had a cheer team I'd rock the look like you?"

"No doubt about it babe," I reply with a wink, "can we motor now? I don't fancy seeing any more of these people than I have to."

They all nod getting on their bikes. Fangs hands me his spare helmet which I put on and swing my leg over the back of his bike. I adjust myself and snake my arms around his waist, just like the night before. Just like that, we all speed off towards my house.

***

The journey home ended up being a race between the three serpents as I was clinging onto Fangs with all my might. The adrenaline rush was so great, something I cannot put into words to describe. I can't wait for the day I get my own bike. Anyway, the race ended with Fangs and I being first, followed by Sweet Pea then Toni close behind him.

"You guys want to come in?" I ask as I get off and hand the helmet back to Fangs. They all nod so we all go inside the house to be greeted by my dad.

"You can't get away from those three if you wanted to, could you?" dad says with a chuckle as we all pile into the kitchen.

"I take offence to that old man. Plus, I know you're the one who set up FP for his little speech last night about an escort from the doghouse," I remark causing everyone to laugh. Don't you just love simple times?