TAC: 26

Lena’s POV:

The guys are all immediately on Willa, yelling and questioning her as if the information would disappear if they didn’t yell loud enough.

“What kind of statement is that? Kind of? Not really? Choose one.” Andrew mutters, eyes narrowed.

“Stop being such a grouch. I have something - it’s just speculation. I was looking at security tapes and - okay, mostly just social media centering in on the area around here and I saw interesting things. These guys - I doubt you even know who they are - they’ve been complaining about you. Online. I don’t know if they’d go to the extreme of hiring those two meatheads but...the stuff is pretty inten -”

“Who?” Adam interrupts, eyebrows furrowed.

“Adam.” Willa says, glaring at him. “Some guys - uh, the Kellers?”

“The Kellers?”

The guys fall silent for almost a minute before Collin and Adam both look up at each other. “The Kellers?” Collin says, his voice low. “Matthew and Royce Keller?”

Willa’s eyebrow raised. “What, you know who they are?”

“Matt Keller tried to get into the building one night.” Adam says, eyebrows furrowed.

“What? I never heard about -” Andrew says, clenching his jaw.

“I told you - almost 6 months ago, some guy tried to get into our floor using the window. He didn’t try, actually. He got in.” Adam mutters, sitting down. “The Kellers? What could they possibly have to do with any of this? They’re -”

“Fucking annoying.” Collin interrupts, eyebrows furrowed. “They’re persistent little shits. Tried to get into the compound for some reason - and Royce Keller is a crazy sonofabitch.”

“What did they do?” I ask cautiously, the tension so palpable that I didn’t even want to move.

Collin glances at me and shrugs. “I don’t know, just weird stuff. Royce attacked a lot of the other guys out of nowhere. They said he was screaming about equality and how nothing was fair in the Heights for people without gangs. I didn’t think anything was wrong, everyone complains. He’s a pest, honestly.”

“They tried to get into the building - not the penthouse, the apartment. They were trying to break in through the fire escape and they tried it two times in a row. It was weird. I never understood why, I just remember telling you and you grunting.” Adam says, eyebrows furrowed.

“They’re annoying, but homicidal?” Collin asks, narrowing his eyes. “I’d recognize if they were homicidal and I’m pretty sure they’re not.”

Willa makes a noise in the back of her throat. “Who raised you morons? Since when were we allowed to underestimate the enemies? Just because they look harmless doesn’t mean they are harmless.”

“I wasn’t raised by anyone, actually. My parents are dead.” Collin deadpans.

Willa doesn’t blink and instead fixes Collin with a dirty look. “Listen. I know you have a track record for being a lunatic, but don’t underestimate me. I’m little but I can throw a mean right hook.”

Collin snorts. “Yeah, okay.”

“I -”

“Anything else, Will?”

Willa spears Adam with a dirty look and purses her lips. “Thanks for the interruption, Ah-dumb,” she sticks her tongue out childishly and turns back to her laptop. “but that’s really all I found. In reality, Lena doesn’t seem to have many enemies or any at all, actually. I mean you guys do but that’s normally, isn’t it? I could only find the Kellers and besides that, I can’t find anyone that might have the money to spend on Brett and Markus or whatever those morons are called.”