TAC: 5

*** banner on the side was made by heart0 ***

Andrew's POV:

I smirked at her reddened cheeks, amused by how she kept on trying so hard to hide them from me. I pick up the keys from the living room table and yell goodbye, my smirk dropping as I remembered what I had to do. Living in the Heights was never going to be easy for me - despite my father's reputation, people still messed with me. More than once, my apartment had been broken into. Of course, no one dared to steal anything as soon as they figured out whose house they had broken into but it still aggravated me to see that my door was wide open.

"Andrew." I hear as soon as I push the door open. I sigh, "Adam, look, I know that you said -" "That you'd get her involved and that they're going to find her? You're in too fucking deep and you don't even know it." I shake my head, "There's nothing between us! She -" "Saved you twice and let you stay over at her house. Let me ask you this, Andrew, doesn't it hurt you to think that you're going to be the reason for her death?" Adam asks coldly, ignoring my flinch and plowing on; "Because that's what's gonna happen. They're never going to stop, Andrew. They'll kill her and then they'll continue to try to kill you." "They're not going to get to her!" I snap, angry. Adam opens his mouth and I shoot him a glare, knowing exactly what he was gonna say next. Resignation passes over his face and sits back on my couch. "You know, Lacey said that she saw you guys together and that you called her your girlfriend? Who is this girl, Andrew?" "Is it any of your business?" Adam's mouth opens and then snaps shut. "That's what I thought." "What are you doing tonight?" I shake my head, "I finished the job last week - I just came back to get a bag." Adam shakes his head, smiling sadly. "When will you stop lying to everyone that cares about you?"

* * *

"Why did you send someone after her?" I ask, my arm pressing tightly onto their trachea. The person shook their head furiously and I muttered a curse. "Don't make me do it - you know how I hate it when they scream." But he's still shaking his head and whimpering. I sigh. I really did hate doing this - it was always my least favorite job but business was business. I push him away from me, shaking my head. I lean forward, a snarl on my lips. "If I find out that even one more of your goons goes after her -" I say menacingly, my teeth clenched together. He stumbles backward, choking as the oxygen rushed back into his lungs. He shakes his head furiously, "No, I'd never. No one is ever gonna bother her again - don't worry about it, Mr. Wayne."

I didn't necessarily have to go chase this creep down but after threatening Lena's life, I knew that I had no choice. In the Heights, someone's position is determined by the fear factor that they have when someone says their name. I knew that my last name, Wayne, stopped the hearts of too many creeps in the Heights and I also knew that my father's name was something that sent even the most intimidating drug lords into cardiac arrest. Names are a big deal in the Heights and I was going to make sure that Lena's name was known so that if she ever made the mistake of coming to the Heights alone, just telling someone her name would cause someone to run away in fear. There's an undeniable sexual tension that runs between us. Even though I had to mentally grow up, it didn't mean that my body had grown up as well. Being around Lena made me feel aroused - something that Lacey couldn't ever do for me. I let my mind drift of to Lena's smiling face, thinking of all the dirty things that could happen between us...and then I hit myself in the face. What kind of person had I become? I was fantasizing about I girl that I swore is only my friend? She's only your friend, Andrew. Only your friend.

I push my way into her house and my heart begins to beat furiously - I couldn't stand the thought that someone had come to her and stolen her while I was gone.

Andrew -

This is your dinner. Heat it up for 2 minutes and there's soda in the fridge. See you tomorrow.