TAC: 6

Picture of Adam on da side~~~

Lena's POV

I wince in pain as I try to walk away from Lacey and Andrew with my head held high. I didn't know what hurt more – the fact that Lacey had her slimy face buried in Andrew's chest or the fact that my stab wound was causing pain to shoot up and down my side with every step I took. I knew that coming to school today wasn't a very bright idea but, of course, the stubborn side of me won over my logical side. And, before someone decides that I came to school to be with Andrew (although that maybe just part of the reason), I actually came because I've had perfect attendance since Kindergarten and I was stupid enough to think that a stab wound wasn't going to hinder my learning process.

Stephen steps out from a classroom, both his hair and shirt ruffled. His eyes widen when he shakes me and he pales considerably before stepping back, as if trying to escape my own widened glance. “Jesus fucking Christ – are you cheating on Lacey?” I blurt, anger starting to course through my veins. He shakes his head but I can tell that he's completely bullshitting (6 months with a boy tends to do that). “Are you serious?” I ask, incredulous. “Maybe you cheated on me with Lacey and maybe that hurt my feelings. But in no way is it alright for you to do it to Lacey. She's a good person – god, you're such an asshole and -” I'm cut off my Stephen's sudden movement. I step back quickly, grimacing at the pain in my side. “Don't touch me. You're disgusting and unbelieva -” And then the door opens and a redhead that I didn't recognize stepped out, her hair messed up and her lipstick smudged.

I shake my head and turn on my heel – back towards the direction that Lacey and Andrew were. As I round the corner, I see something that I didn't think I would see. Granted, this doesn't really count as cheating because technically, Andrew and I weren't really dating. Their heads were bent down and their lips were locked and moving in perfect synchronization.  I clear my throat awkwardly and Andrew jumps back, pushing Lacey away in the process. His clear blue eyes (the very pair that I was beginning to love just minutes ago) widened at the sight of me and his mouth drops open. Meanwhile, Lacey was off to the side, staring down the hallway as if she was in a daze. Shaking my head, I step closer to the pair, my shoulders slumped in resignation. “You and Stephen sure do have a knack of breaking up people's relationships and cheating on people.” I mutter, my eyes averted from Andrew's now stoic face.

“I came back to tell you, Lacey, that I saw Stephen coming out of a classroom with some redhead. Her lipstick was smudged. I just wanted to tell you that he was cheating on you because it would've been nice if someone had told me, but it looks like you're good. I'm just gonna go to class.” I finish awkwardly, my eyes still on the floor. I hear someone starting after me but the footsteps stop almost immediately.

“Lena.”

“Lena.”

“Elena.”

“Lena?” Andrew hisses, irritation creeping into his tone. I don't look up, embarrassed to look at his face. I was sure that if he saw mine, he'd know right away that I was jealous that he had kissed Lacey instead of me. His hand drops on my shoulder and I wince away from it, angered by the feelings that his abnormally warm hand gave me. “Lena, look at me.” I turn my head just slightly, mentally slapping myself for not being smart enough to have moved to a different seat.

And then I'm standing and we're outside of Ms. Grie's classroom, standing in the empty hall with my face in Andrew's large hands. “Lena, look, I'm sorry -” He starts uncomfortably. I shake my head rapidly. “No, there's nothing to be sorry for – we're not even in a real relationship. It was just a fake thing. And this is just a fake breakup. There's nothing else to it. We're better as friends anyways and Lacey is a very nice person. You guys will have a good relationship – well, she tends to home wreck and cheat but you know, if she really likes you, maybe she'll -” “Lena.” “change.” Andrew's hands drop from my face and an emotion that I can't discern flickers onto his face. “I don't want to fake breakup with you,” He says, teasing. “you know how much I enjoyed our relationship!” I snort, “You just enjoyed my extra soft bed – and the food. And the free first aid. And electricity. And Wifi. You probably appreciated the Wifi the most.” He looks down sheepishly, his broad shoulders slumped. “Maybe Lacey will find out what you're hiding from me!” I say jokingly. Andrew's head snaps up almost immediately and he blinks at me. “She already knows.” He says flatly, his eyes meeting with my now rapidly blinking ones. “So if I wanted to know...all I had to do with make out with you in the middle of the hallway?”