TAC: 17

Lena’s POV:

“Andrew, stop tugging at your collar like that. We’ll be fine. You’ll be fine -” I grab at his arm and pull him to a stop in front of me, a smile tugging at my lips at the sight of him looking so anxious. “What are you worrying about? If anything, it should be me that’s worrying.” He smiles down at me and stills himself.

“I’m just afraid that I’m going to mess up again. Just like last time.”

I lean up and press a kiss against his lips but pull back before he gets too into it. “You won’t mess up this time. I know you won’t.”

We get into the car and drive in comfortable silence to Uncle Max’s (Andrew’s Uncle) house. We pull into the driveway of a place that looks like it belongs to a billionaire and my jaw drops, amazed at the beauty of the place.

Before I know it, Andrew is at my side of the car, holding the door open for me. I step out into the cold winter air and shiver and in a flash, Andrew is getting ready to take his jacket off for me. I roll my eyes and click my tongue. “The house is only a 5 minute walk away. I’ll be fine. Keep your jacket on.”

When we step into the foyer, everyone stops moving and I recognize Max and Wade, both of whom I had met back at the wedding that Andrew had dragged me to. They pull away from their conversation and walk over, grins on both of their faces.

“Come on, Lena! Take off your jacket and come to the dining room. It’s almost time for dinner!” The two men swarm around me and start trying to take my jacket off for me hurriedly. As soon as my jacket is off, both Andrew and I are ushered in the dining room, where the same crowd of people from the wedding were all seated around a table.

As Andrew and I stand there awkwardly, a couple of gorgeous girls break away from the group and come over, chattering excitedly.

“Andrew!” One of them says, a wide, white smile on her face - a smile that faltered when she realized that he had me pulled snug against his side.

“Ava,” He says uneasily as she comes closer to us - not really us, actually. She was basically right on top of Andrew while his arm was around my waist. “Ava, you remember Lena, right? She was my date to the wedding.”

Ava flips her blonde hair prettily over her shoulder and turns to me, flashing a blinding smile and causing me almost to flinch at how her entire face lit up with beauty. “Yeah, Lena as in your best friend, right?”

I wince but Andrew starts rubbing at my side comfortingly.

“Well, she was. Actually, she still is. But she’s uh, she’s my girlfriend now. We’re together.” He says. He leans down and presses a kiss against my temple and I turn to smile at him. When I turn back to Ava, I notice that her smile had faltered considerably and I almost start jumping with joy but restrain the urge.

“Oh, wow. I didn’t know that you’d ever date a girl that wears dresses that tight. Looks good on you, though. Not slutty at all.” She says, her voice now dripping with sugar. Andrew continues to rub at my sides and I sigh, my shoulders slumping just slightly. It was going to be a long night.

The knowledge of Andrew and I’s relationship spread around the room like wildfire and in between the visits that his Uncles and cousins paid us, I usually caught a drop-dread beauty shooting me withering looks or daggers. Each look made me want to sink into his side until I literally wanted to hide myself inside his suit jacket.

“So.” He says nervously.

“So…”

“I’m sorry. This was horrible. It was horrible tonight, I didn’t expect Ava to react like that I -” He starts ranting as we laid on my bed. “I honestly didn’t think that this would happen tonight. I’m sorry.” We both roll over to face each other and I find a smile on my face at the sight of his worried one. “Don’t be sorry. That was pretty entertaining, to be honest. I think I got enough dirty looks tonight to last me a lifetime.”