Chapter 19- Goodnight my Queen

Max's POV

I was obviously tired from last night. I guess the stress and boredom got to me. I fell asleep in the car with Loki's arm wrapped around my shoulder. It was actually comforting with him doing that. He seemed to chase my dreams away. Was I really falling for Loki? That was my main thought. I was torn between him. He could be a sick twisted man or a man who only needed some good in his life. He seemed torn about that himself.

One minute he's very sweet the next he seems so down, depressed and angry he takes it out on other people. Thankfully he hasn't taken it out on me. I didn't know what would happen if he did that to me.

I fell asleep pretty hard because I woke up with Loki shaking me gently. I opened my eyes a bit. "What?" I asked groggily with a hint of attitude. I hated being disturbed from my sleep. He chuckled and I felt him picking me up and carrying me to my room.

He walked with me in his arms and I snuggled closer to his chest. I could practically hear his smirk, I knew him to well at this point. He came into my room and turned on the light. I shut my eyes tighter due to the sudden brightness in my eyelids. He laid me down on the bed and covered me with a blanket. "Do you need anything?" He whispered sitting on the edge of the bed next to me. I shook my head no, burying my head in the pillow. He chuckled once again. "You did very well tonight. Thanks to you were one step closer to conquering this planet. I couldn't have done this without you." He said then kissed my forehead.

He stood up and turned out the light. He must have thought I was out like a light, because he whispered something I felt only he wanted to hear. "Goodnight my queen." He said and shut the door. I didn't even have time to process what he had meant when I fell back into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning feeling very refreshed. I could tell I had slept in because of how I was feeling. I quickly changed from the dress I had on last night. I was actually thankful Loki didn't try anything last night to get me to change. I pulled a brush through my hair and left. I also noticed my wings were back. Guess the magic only worked so long.

I ran into Loki as I walked out and he had to catch me from falling on my butt. He was a brick building when you ran into him.

He laughed. "Well it's good to see your finally up. I was about to come and fetch you." I smiled and nodded.

I once again had to work with him that day. It wasn't to hard. I only needed to help if he needed it. We would always crack jokes, or I would and he would laugh along. We worked late into the night and I was worn out by the end of the day.

 "Loki I'm tired. I'll see you tomorrow." I said yawning and leaving but he caught up to me.

"I want to show you something." He said and intertwined our fingers together and pulled me with him. I blushed at his sudden action and followed him.

"Where are we going?" I asked after we walked outside in the crisp summer air. It was cool and not extremely hot which surprised me.

"Somewhere special." Was the only response I got.

He led me through the woods down a winding and twisting path. We seemed to be going up a hill but I couldn't really tell in the dark. He suddenly stopped. "Close your eyes." He instructed and I did so.

He led my by the hand but this time I couldn't see. "Loki by my grave, if you make me hit a tree I will, smack you." I said smiling and he chuckled as he led me blind.

I felt we were on an incline, going up.

Where were we going?

"Ok open your eyes." He said and I opened them. I was amazed at what I saw.

We were on a large cliff and I could see the mountains at the distance. The cliff had grass, not rocks. It smelled sweet with the trees and grass. The stars were amazing! They were large and glittering, I had never seen them like this!

He smiled. "Do you like it?" He asked. I nodded not saying anything. He chuckled at me and told me to sit down. I did and he did too.

He sat slightly behind me. I leaned back on him and he pulled an arm around my waist. "It's amazing." I whispered. But the word amazing didn't describe it, not even close. No words I knew could describe how beautiful it was.

"I arranged them just for you." He whispered back. "I knew you would love them. And off you think their beautiful here, these have nothing on Asgard. The stars there seem to shine all day, every day. This will be our secret place if we ever need a break. " He said and I couldn't even imagine Asgard.

We just sat there got a while and a laid down and put my hands behind my head. He did the same. "One day Max, you will be a queen of all the realms and planets. You were destined to." He said. I blushed, me a queen? Marrying Loki? I didn't know about that.

A shooting star flew across the sky. "Make a wish." I whispered. I didn't know what I wanted, I was pretty ok.

"Do you know what I wished for?" I asked. His head turned towards me. "I wished I could lay here forever, as long as I'm with you." He said looking deep into my eyes. I blushed slightly. He really did care for me.

But it would never work. I felt torn between the decision. I always had relationships that ended terribly. I didn't want that again. I felt depressed and sad to think this, but it was the truth.

Summertime sadness.

Those two words came into my head. It seem to fit with my situation. I smiled slightly at my poetic expression. I never came up with those.

Loki laced his fingers with mine again. "Max?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Yeah?" I replied.

"Whatever happens, will you promise to never leave? I don't want you to ever leave. I would never leave you." He asked. I pondered my situation. I couldn't hurt his feelings. But it was wrong. I didn't want it. Not at all. But I had to.

"Of course Loki. I wouldn't leave." I said and he smiled. We laid there together for a while longer.

Yes.

I was falling for Loki Laufyson.