Chapter 18- So Close

Max's POV

After I came back from the mission Loki pulled me aside into a room. We walked in and he losed the door behind us. "What?" I asked. He looked almost worried.

"Are you sure you want to do missions like this?" he asked almost nervously.

I nodded my head. "I'm fine with it. Why?" I replied. He held both my hands, for some reason I just couldn't and wouldn't pull my hands back. Why was he doing this? He didn't want to get involved romantically did he?

"I just want to know you can do this. I don't want to put you in something you can't do." he said. He looked deep into my eyes, his large green ones looking down at my clouded blue ones. Did he like me like this? If he did where would it take us? Would it work? Crash and burn? I didnt see his face inching ever so slowly to mine. His eyes slowly closed and so did mine. His lips were centimeters from mine and I could even feel his breath on my lips when there was a knock on the door. My eyes opened and his too. He frowned ever so slightly and went to open the door. There was one of his men at the door.

"Sir you're needed. They said they have made great improvement on the portal." he said and Loki smiled, but I could still see the annoyance in his eyes. He looked at me and motioned to follow him.

I follwed him. Why was he making another portal? I thought he may do something else other than a portal. But its probably the only way to bring and alien army.

I followed him and he showed me the portal. It was pretty amazing, even though I had little knowledge of these things. I knew I had a look of amazment on my face, Loki looked proud and kept talking to the men and I was getting bored.

Another man walked in looking pretty nervous. "Sir," he stammered "we have been given information that the man she gave that information to," he said pointing at me, "was a traitor. He worked for SHIELD without us knowing. We think he passed that information to SHEILD. We dont know where is now." he said. Uh oh, Loki is going to be pissed.

Sure enough I was right.

He looked very, very angry. Like, shoot him into the wall angry. He looked at me and a wave of 'uh oh' came over him. I knew what he was thinking. If the traitor talked to me he probably told them what happened to me.

He was absolutely pissed off.

He closed his eyes for a second then opened them again. He mumbled something at me. "What?" I asked.

He looked at me angrily. "I said leave right now! Go!" He said forcefully and I scurried out. I did not want to see what would happen.

Loki's POV

I could kill everyone in the room right now. How did they not know he was working for SHEILD! I should have put him under a spell. I knew I should have. I forced Max to leave. I didn't want to scare her, I was close to earning her trust from me. A kiss could have made her not afraid. I could see it in her eyes. She was afraid of me.

After I somewhat controlled my anger, we agreed to find that man and bring him to me. I needed to know what all he said. I walked out if the lab to find Max. She was leaned against that wall right outside the door. "I told you to leave." I said.

She smiled. "And I did. Couldn't help myself." I laughed. She was like me in many ways.

Max's POV

I was tired. A lot had happened in the last few days. Loki looked at me. "Tired?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I can go a couple more hours." I replied. He shook his head. "Go get some sleep." He said pointing towards the direction of my door.