Chapter 10-He's back

Max's POV

I woke up around noon again. I walked in and there was a note in the kitchen.  

Max, dang you can sleep. We're at the park. Come over if you wake up by the time we come back. Stay away from the liquor cabinet. -Tony

I laughed at the note. They were the best. I'm surprised Tony even left the house today and thought I'd even touch his alcohol. I'll go over there but I wanted to fly for a while and clear my mind. The dream was still freaking me out.

I got dressed and went on the balcony. It was a nice day, there was something in the air. Something was going happen. I could feel it. I jumped off the balcony snapping my wings out. Flying was truly the best. You could never feel so free. I landed on the same spot where I met that weird dude. I sorta hoped he would come. But mostly not.

I leaned back, there was a strange noise and there was that weird man next to me.

I gave a small cry.  "Don't do that!" I exclaimed. He smirked and leaned back. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He smiled, "Seeing you." I could feel myself blush slightly. See? This is why I hate this!

"What's your name?" I asked. He looked kind of mad that I asked that.

"I already told you. You don't want to her my name."

I leaned close to him. "And if I do?" I asked.

He looked away, "No you do not. I'm a monster." I was confused. How was he a monster? Maybe he seemed like the daily freak I seemed to always be meeting, but not a monster.

"Where are you from?" I asked. I was curious. If he wouldn't tell me his name he could tell me something about him.

He sighed, "A long ways away."

I gave him a what do you mean look. "I will not give much information but I lived with my 'brother'. I would always wonder why my father loved him more. I then found out I was adopted by someone my people hated. I became angry and did some things I shouldn't have and my 'father' tried to imprison me but I escaped. What's your story?"

I sighed thinking where to start. "Im not going to give you much info but I was made in a lab, given wings. Tortured for a while because they had no respect for me and the other kids who have the same abilities. I escaped and I've been running for my entire life. They want me dead but I refused to die. Me and my friends worked together but one day they didn't like my ideas. They told me to go away and I did. They want me to come back but I'm very fine right now. Better actually. That's my story."

Loki's POV 

I was amazed by her story. Tortured and betrayed. Almost like me but in the end she was happier and never blamed anyone. That would never be me, I would always blame my "family".

I was very attracted to her. I wanted her to be attracted to me too. That's the reason I didn't tell her my name, I also wanted her to join me in taking over the world. She could be much help. She was strong, fierce and independent. She could fly, and so much more I felt I could learn about her.

She suddenly stood up, "I probably need to go. The others will wonder where I am." So she didn't tell the Avengers about me? This just proved I could trust her, but she must never hear my name. "So the 'others' don't know about me?"

She had a strange look on her face and smiled. "Secrets are good." I smiled too. She didn't say anything. I stood up too smirking. I held her hand in both if mine, "Until again, Max." And kissed her hand. She blushed. She was so beautiful when she blushed. I then disappeared.

Max's POV 

I felt really awkward when he kissed my hand again, I just wasn't used to it. I left towards the park and landed in a tree. Good old New York I thought we've slept in sewers, subway tunnels and trees here, I said laughing at myself. I found the others easily.

"Well look who decided to wake up!" Tony yelled. I laughed with the others. "I've been up for a while."

We talked for a long time joking about everything. That's when Tony got a call.

His face went white after a second, "Your kidding Nick." He said quietly. Everyone else froze in their tracks. He ended the phone call. "What's going on?" Clint asked. He looked shocked.

"It's Loki. He's back."