Chapter 9-Bad Dreams

Max's POV

We left the restaurant and for some reason I couldn't help but feel someone was watching us. It was weird. I also felt like something was going to happen. I also felt it in the restaurant, it made me twitchy.

We went to a small department store. "Why are we here?" I asked looking around. Nat smiled. "I was talking to Pepper and we looked at your so called closet and you need some clothes to call yourself a girl." She said throwing things off a rack at me.

 I nodded, "You know, this is a first. I've never had more than a couple shirts, pants and sweatshirts in my 'closet'." I said making air quotes. She laughed and pushed me in the dressing room.

An hour later we had a large pile of clothes at the checkout line. "How are you going pay for this?" I asked.

She pulled out a credit card with Tony's name with it. "Got if from Pepper, like it'll make a dent." She said sarcastically and smiling. I laughed and after we paid for it we left.

When we got to Stark Towers we snuck in so Tony wouldn't get suspicious. After throwing the clothes in my room we went and found Pepper. "Hello!" She said looking up from her computer. "Tell me she has clothes now." She asked. Natasha nodded. "Good." She murmured. We talked about everything for a while then decided to go to bed. After a while of tossing and turning I finally fell asleep. But not for long.

I had a terrible dream: I was sitting on top if the Stark Towers, and those weird alien things that had almost destroyed the city several months ago were there. I couldn't move, I was tied up. The Avengers were being beat by the aliens, bad. And I couldn't help them! One of the aliens came up to me and was about to kill me, it then went black. I then heard a familiar voice in my head but I can't remember where, "Don't worry Max. I would never let that happen to you. The Avengers couldn't have saved you there, but I could have. Trust me."

I woke up almost screaming. I was covered in sweat. I looked at the alarm, two AM. I got up reminding myself it was a bad dream. I made coffee and sat down drinking it. What was that dream about? All my dreams in my entire life usually tied in with something. I don't like how this would tie in. I heard someone walking down the stairs.

It was Tony. "Hey kid," he said walking in with an undershirt and shorts on. Probably working on something that will get him more attention on the news or with SHEILD.

"How am I a kid?" I asked sipping my coffee.

He shrugged his shoulders, "You're the youngest, I think." I shot him a look.

He put his hand up defensively, "What? You don't even know how old you are!" I gave a touché look. "How come your up so early?" He asked.

"I could ask the same thing."

He smirked, "I'm working, your not doing anything."

I nodded. "Couldn't sleep." I replied.

"I hear you." he replied.

We talked about nothing really and finally I felt like I could sleep. Tony was a cool guy, I don't see why I don't like him as much as the others. We had the same personality and attitude.

When I made it back to my room, I was surprisingly able to sleep even after drinking caffeine.