Chapter 14- Dewinged

Max's POV

I woke up with my head pounding. Where was I? I looked around. Dark room, I was tied to a chair. Well great Max. I mumbled to myself. My head hurt like crazy and I think I had a broken rib. Those bastards I thought, as soon as I get my hands on them their as good as dead. I tried to pull my hands out if the ropes. When I tried my arm suddenly popped out of socket. I muffled curse words desperately trying to escape my throat. I don't know how many times I've done this to my arm so I carefully and painfully popped it back in place. Screaming curses under my breath.

Shortly after that the door opened. Who would have guessed: Loki and some men with guns. He looked really mad. "You almost escaped. It's literally impossible yet you were able to let the other woman leave." He snarled. I rolled my eyes. "What are you gonna do? Put me in there for another week?" I said sarcastically. I thought he was going to grab my throat after I said that. "Max, you are needed by me. You will not accept my offer. I tried to put you somewhere where you might possibly think it was a good position but that didn't work." He said looking deep into my eyes. What a creeper.

He started pacing. "I have thought of two ways to bring you to my side. One is easier than the other for you. But, you also need to be punished for you actions. I'm going to have to give you the harder option." He said quietly staring even deeper into my eyes. Was he looking into my soul?

Then tho two men untied me, carful not to let go of my wrists and stood me up, pulling my arms in front of me not behind me. I didn't like this. I was exposed, my back was at least. He couldn't possibly attempt to do what I think he is?

He walked up to me and leaned in closer, his face inches from mine. "I'll give you one more chance Max. That's it. You decide." He said softly, sounding almost human. I snarled and tried to loosen the men's grip.

"No way Loki. Not happening today." I barked.

He smiled. "Well, not today. But you must mean you soon will. Correct?" He asked twisting my words against me. He started to walk behind me, I felt his hands on my shoulder blades. I was going into shock. No one touches my wings. No one. I felt a strange almost electric shock sensation on my back down to my legs. Then a weight was lifted from my back. A weight I was given, dealt with and got me into more trouble than ever.

I wasn't the human-avian person anymore. I was a normal person.

The normal girl now.

I almost immediately went into shock. My mouth open wide. Eyes wider. My wings were gone. Never more. I started breathing faster almost hyperventilating. They suddenly started to throw me back in the old cell. I was still in shock. I started crying, almost screaming. Hyperventilating between screams. I didn't care if anyone could hear me. All that mattered was that I lost my wings. I had always joked about them. Saying how they are stupid and useless, but actually they weren't. They were part of me. What made me, me. Gave me an amazing and rough life. But I loved it. And they were gone.

Gone.

Loki's POV

I didn't like what I did, but it had to be done. She needed to know that I was above her. I controlled everything around here. And her just breaking free like that and managing to escape one of my prisoners.

I loved it.

She was fierce. Brave. She had bottled up anger, I could let her release it. I hated to see her in such agony. But she needed to learn. I would give her, her wings back. I would. If she joined me. At this point I'd think she'd do anything. I wanted her to join. I mostly wanted her. She was beautiful. She would come begging to me for her precious wings. They always come back.

Max's POV

After a long time I finally was able to think clearly. An old lullaby came into my head. It was called the Lullaby for Nobody.

Sleep my little baby oh 

Sleep until you waken

When you wake you'll see the world  

If I'm not mistaken

Kiss a lover  

Dance a measure  

Find your name and 

Buried treasure

It's your life it's pain it's pleasure  

Leave no path untaken

I don't know why but it calmed me down. It told someone of a regular life, the exact opposite of what I had. I liked it. I soon sung myself to sleep. I dreamed of being with the flock. Only this time I stayed on the ground.

What a shame.