Chapter 28: Who is that guy?

"If you can't get somebody off your mind, they probably supposed to be there." -Unknown

Elsie POV

I hauled my car and stopped the engine once I arrived at the parking lot outside my place. I opened the passenger door to take out all the things that I got from my grocery shopping.

"Elsie." I heard someone calling my name. His voice was familiar; a voice that I missed to hear. I immediately turned my head looking at the person behind me.

I saw a guy with dark ripped jeans and a brown shirt standing a few steps from me, sending me a sweet smile. My lips parted and my eyes doubled its size when I saw him. I can't believe my own eyes.

"Oh my God, Lucas!" Without a second thought, I rushed towards where he stood and jumped to his body, hugging him tightly. He knew about that and he caught my body at the right time without making me fall to the ground.

"I can't believe you were here. Oh my, look at you. You are so handsome and hot right now." I exclaimed make him grinned childishly in front of me. I ran my eyes up and down observing his changes.

"And you are still the same you, still so jumpy." He said while placing his arm on my shoulder and kissed my temple.

"Is that a compliment?" I teased which caused him to roll his eyes playfully.

"When did you arrive? Why don't you tell me first? I could prepare something nice to welcome you back." I asked holding on to his hand that relax on my shoulder.

"It will not be a surprise if I told you and you won't be that jumpy when you saw me." He pinched my cheek which resulted in me giggling.

"I arrived here last night and the first thing that crossed my mind was you. Touching isn't it?" He released a soft laugh.

"Awww, I'm so happy I'm the first one that you thought about. Let me prepare a nice meal for you. Tell me what do you want?" We walked to the car with his hand relax on my shoulder while one of my hands wrapped around his waist. 

"Hmm, anything edible as long as not poison." He said narrowing his eyes to me.

"Oh, come on. If I want to poison you, you would be dead three years ago when you chose to leave me here alone." I pouted.

"You knew it, babe. I don't have a choice. I need to go to my family business and I asked you to join me. You refused me badly and it hurts so much." He placed his left hand on his chest acting like a heartbroken guy.

"I have my job here and I can't just leave it like that. How long you will stay this time?" I inquired and twirled my head to look at him.

"Two weeks, enough for us to share some secrets." He raised his brows and chuckles.

"Yes, great. Let's go to my condo." I released my hand on his waist and he did the same, giving me some space to take all the paper bags from the car. We headed to the lift. Today will be fun after a few weeks of living with my wasted tears because of some bad mafia.  I'm glad Lucas came at the right time. Perhaps, talking to him will make me feel better.

Dexter POV

"Who is that guy? You guys sure that he wasn't a bad guy?" I scolded my men on the phone once I received the pictures of Elsie hugging with a guy, and a picture of the guy kissing her temple, placing his damn arm on her shoulder and furthermore she wrapped her hand on his waist. I could feel fury was boiled in the pit of my stomach.

"I don't think he was some bad guy, boss. They seem very close to each other. We saw them headed to her place together." He added oil to the fire.

"What? He went to her place?" I confirmed even though I heard it clearly.

"Yes, boss."

"How many hours they have stayed in the damn house together?" I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't stop myself from asking.

"Around 45 minutes, boss." Nevertheless, he still answers my question.

"Damn it!" I slammed my hand on the desk letting go of the heat of anger that won't stop boiling within me.

"Keep an eye on them. If he does anything harmful to her just shoots him!" I commanded with a silent wish that I was there so I can shoot the guy with my gun at the moment he called her name. He doesn't have the right to call her name.

And you think you have the right to call her name? My subconscious mocked.

I slammed the vase to the floor to stop the voice inside my head. It caused the vase to shatter to the floor into pieces.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤