Chapter 27: Life without her

"It is okay if it hurts, it means you were sincere."- Ay. En.

Dexter POV

It wasn't easy to handle Andrea once she found out that Elsie was no longer working as her nanny and she can't meet her anymore. I need to deal with her tantrum and she ignored me for a few days. She always said that she missed her but little that she knew, I missed her too. All I could do was asking my men that guarded her to send her picture every day. I wanted to know about her life, every single detail.

"Sweet pie, please forgive daddy," I pleaded as I sat beside her on her bed.

She diverted all her attention on the doll in her hand, pretended I was the air in her bedroom. I sighed thinking about how to make peace with my precious one. Girls and women are the same, both are hard to deal with and I always stuck in between.

"Sweet pie, I knew I made a mistake. Forgive me, okay?" I said caressed her cheek.

"And what we say when we did something wrong?" She finally spoke with her little hands crossed on her chest, acting like an adult. I almost chuckled at her cute action that melted my heart. How four years old girl could act this way?

"We say sorry," I answered immediately as that was what I taught her and now she imitated me.

She nodded her head. "Correct."

"I'm sorry. So, you agree to forgive me? Peace?" I asked like a five years old boy begging for forgiveness.

"Okay, I forgive you." She opened her arms asking for a hug and I lifted her and made her petite body shifted to my lap.

"I know you love me," I chided as I kissed her cheeks few times.

"I love you, daddy but I love Elsie, too." Sadness was evident on her face.

"I know, sweet pie but we can't keep her here with us. She has her own life, she can't stay with us forever." I wrapped my hands tightly on her body.

"She can works here like before and stay with us. She loved to stay here, daddy. She told me last time." Her last few words caught my attention. I spun her around and looked at her face.

"She did?" I inquired, amused by the fact.

She nodded her head. "Yes, she told me. She liked staying here with me and with you, daddy. So, why she needs to go? Can we just go to her house and take her back with us?" If it was that easy, I would have done that without any worries.

"We can't, sweet pie. It wasn't that easy in adult life. You will understand when you grow up later."

"And when will I be growing up?" Her innocent question made me burst out laughing. My sweet pie was too smart, sometime she made me speechless with her questions.

"Not so soon, sweet pie." I pinched the edge of her nose. "And why do you want to grow up so soon?"

"I want to understand why we can't take Elsie back here or maybe if I grow up she will come with us if I ask her to," she explained with hope. I felt sorry for chasing Elsie out of my life and now I felt worst as it affected Andrea's mood.

"I'm sorry, princess but you can't." The guilt ate me alive.

"Elsie used to call me that," she pouted, gazing down. Suddenly, I felt something dropped on my arms and I noticed it was her tears.

"Hey, don't cry sweet pie." I pulled her and hugged her small figure. I rubbed on her back soothing her.

Her sob turned louder which made my heart weighted with sadness and guilt. I don't want this to turn out to be like this neither. It hurt me as much as it hurt her. I'm wondering if Elsie was crying like her right now and who will comfort her over there? Is she okay over there?

For the first time, I felt so powerless as if all my energy vanished.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤