The Calls

Cry tapped on his table, unpaitently, as he waited for the call to be picked up. Russ sighed annoyingly as a screechy squeal blasted throughout their headsets. Snake groaned while the voice blabbered on of how she loved them and how they should pick her instead the others. Cheyenne rolled her eyes when the caller claimed that she was the one that they are looking for. Cry steamed when the caller said that he should show his face in order for them to get more people to follow them.

"Okay! Jesus Christ. I think we have heard enough from you." Snake almost screamed through his microphone.

"Yep. Thank you for giving us your reasons why we should pick you." Cry said in a monotone voice.

Once the caller hanged up, everyone in the crew sighed.

"Finally. I was almost going to rip out my ears." Cheyenne groaned as she sipped her drink.

"Alright folks. Uh...this here is the last caller of the night. So, lets see if she is the one." Cry clicked on the callers name on Skype and waited.

They waited and waited. For some reason, it made them happy. Much more happy.

Then, she picked up the call.

"Do you want the one or the one?" She said.

Everyone perked up. It was different. This girl that they picked was different from the rest that they have called. No squeals or blabbering statements. Just that.

"What do you mean, kid?" Russ inquired. They all listened as the girl spoke.

"Listen. The and the are different. The has more of the positive connotation. The has more of a negative connotation. Am I right?" She explained while 'uh-huhs' were being spoken and she continued. "So, you, my good sir, have spoken the term the one. Others will say the one. But, you wanted the one, not the one. Unfortunately, most of your fans fall into the 'the one' category. But, while doing the calculations, I would say.....hm...lets see...13% percent of your fabs appreciate your existence and your entertainment. I believe that I have said enough. However, I must say. Good luck for finding the one." She finished with utter silence filling the night.

"You....are....so....AWESOME!!" Cheyenne and Cry cried in usion, leaving Snake and Russ to jump in their seats. The girl, too, jumped in her own seat.

"Excuse me for my lack of misunderstanding your statement but Cry and Cheyenne. What the heck are you two talking about?" The girl questioned with the others giggling.

"What the boneheads are talking about is that you are highly intelligent and you are really cool for a caller." Snake explained to the girl.

The caller blushed at his comment. She squirmed in her seat as the giggling and laughing of Snake's statement lingered.

"Yep! That was what we were exactly saying!!" Cry smiled.

"What's your name kid?" Russ asked with a toothy grin on his face.

"Call me Ike."