Escape

"You weren't joking when you said this place has the best food." Clay stated, taking another bite out of his muffin. George grinned, only half from Clay's enjoyment.

"Nope!" George confirmed, breaking off some of Clay's muffin and popping it in his mouth. "I recon they lace it with something." He continued, nonchalantly. Clay choked, only half because of George's comment. George feigned innocence, taking a bite out of his own muffin and Clay rolled his eyes.

"Now try the milkshake." George encouraged, having finished his tea already. Clay had an idea.

"Only if you lady and the tramp it with me." Clay stated and George looked confused, a soft blush rising in his cheeks.

"Absolutely not." George stated with a nervous laugh. Clay shrugged, pushing down his disappointment.

"Then I guess I won't try it." George smiled at Clay, raising one eyebrow. What is he up to? He finally shrugged in response.

"More for me!" George claimed, grabbing for the tall glass. Clay laughed, reaching for the glass as well with a 'wait no'. George let Clay get it.

A comfortable silence settled over them. Clay could feel his heart rate, which was still attempting to calm. George was still coming to terms with everything he's told Clay.

"Am I allowed to ask questions yet?" Clay asked with a teasing smile. George felt his lips tugging into their own smile.

"You just did." He stated, reaching for and taking a sip from the milkshake. He hoped he'd drunk from the right straw but he hadn't checked beforehand. Clay rolled his eyes, taking that as a yes.

"How did you know my eyes were 'as green as emeralds' if you can't see green?" Clay asked, curiously. George blushed.

"It's hard to explain but I've kind of managed to connect what colours other people see to the ones I do so I can sort of guess. I'm not always right though." George shrugged, hiding behind the milkshake glass.

"So, what colour are they for you?" Clay pressed, leaning forward so that George could get a better look. George didn't need to look to know.

"Yellow." George answered, trying not to shy away from Clay.

"My eyes are yellow to you?" George nodded, only slightly nervous. Clay had never made fun of him being colourblind before but there was always a first time for everything. "That's so cool. What sort of yellow?" Clay continued, eyes shining. George was confused but grateful.

He reached for the words to describe them but fell short. And then he reached for his phone. "What are you doing?" Clay asked, trying to see George's screen.

"I'm going to show you what I see." George replied, googling 'protanopia'. "I hope," he continued, realising he couldn't tell the difference between the two spectrums. George turned the phone, screen showing a photo of two colour spectrums.

 George turned the phone, screen showing a photo of two colour spectrums