Negotiate

"Who pissed in your cereal?" Nick asked, watching the way George stormed around the kitchen to fix himself a quick breakfast.

"Clay," George replied sourly. Nick rolled his eyes.

"I don't get why you keep asking when it always makes you like this." Nick stated, shovelling another spoonful of George's cereal into his mouth. Sometimes, George wondered whether Nick only stayed over to steal his food.

"What? I didn't ask him anything, it's his fault this time." George defended, giving up on making something and just grabbing a granola bar instead.

"What did he say?" Nick asked.

"Look, I don't have time to gossip but I'll send you the screenshots because I know you won't leave me alone otherwise." George reasoned, grabbing a coat and hopping into his shoes, narrowly missing the doorframe. "Now I have to go, I'm already late."

"You know what I always say!" Nick called after him and George rolled his eyes, opening the door.

"Quit my job and become a streamer, I know." And with that, George left for work. Nick was left to the sounds of his own chewing for barely five minutes before his phone pinged with the screenshots. He choked on his cereal.

"So he finally decided to man up and do something and George thought he was delirious. They're such idiots." Nick mumbled, moving to send the screenshots on to Vincent.

It didn't take long for George to get to work, though he wished it did. He never knew that the gates of Hell had a blaring "Tesco" sign above.

He could feel his soul being dragged from his body with every passing hour and every entitled customer. Until his phone went off.

He'd been told a hundred times to turn it off or at least put it on silent, but George never listened. He couldn't miss Clay's messages.

////:\\\\
7/5/20

Clay 😊
I'm awake
1:34pm

Georgie 💕
Congratulations
1:34pm
So am I
1:34pm

Clay 😊
Idiot
1:35pm
I'm awake and I still want to meet you
1:38pm

Georgie 💕
Clay, if this a joke I will kill you
1:38pm

Clay 😊
It's not
1:38pm
It's not a joke
1:38pm
I really want to meet you George
1:41pm

Georgie 💕
Fuck
1:41pm
You promise it's not a joke?
1:43pm

Clay 😊
I promise
1:43pm

Georgie 💕
Okay
1:45pm

Clay 😊
Yeah?
1:45pm

Georgie 💕
Yeah
1:45pm
I want to meet you too
1:47pm
But I'm kinda at work right now and I can feel my boss glaring at me so maybe we should talk about this later?
1:47pm

Clay 😊
Okay yeah
1:47pm
I can do later
1:47pm
Have a good day Georgie <3
1:49pm
Or as good as it can be
1:49pm