Close

"George. What, pray tell, the fuck are you doing?" Nick asked exasperatedly, watching as George pinned his hair back and pulled a face at himself in the mirror before shaking his head and pulling the pin back out.

"Nick. I, pray tell, am getting dressed." George replied as he shrugged out of his current jacket - it was way too thick.

"That's not how you use that saying, idiot." Nick quipped, watching as George's jacket thunked to the carpet floor. "And I can see that, I meant why are you trying on your entire wardrobe right now?" He asked, pushing a pile of rejected shirts off of George's bed so that he could sit.

"Nick, they are going to be meeting probably hundreds of fans, I've got to stand out." George replied, twisting in the mirror to assess the fit of his jeans. They were faded black, skintight and ripped, exposing both of his knees, part of his left shin and a pale patch of his right thigh. George thought about buying some fake tan before figuring it was too late anyway, he'd just have to brave being pale.

"Right, because Dream is going to see you and think 'I don't know who this guy is, I've never met him before, but I want him. Now.'" Nick commented sarcastically, suddenly feeling underdressed. He'd decided on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans - no where near as skinny as George's - his signature white bandana and a white long sleeve, planning to buy merch when they got there.

"If I dress right, they all will." George winked. Nick rolled his eyes with a smile. George pulled off his shirt and chucked it aside, rooting through his closet again.

"You know we'll be getting merch there, right? I saved enough for us each to get something," Nick reminded, flopping back on George's bed and opening his phone.

"I'm paying for my own," George said, giving Nick a pointed look. "And yeah, but what if we see them before we get to the merch stalls? And what if the merch doesn't match?" George rambled, pulling out a simple, low cut, white tank top with 'don't follow me, I'm lost too' written over the back in black. He pulled it on over his head and moved in front of the mirror again.

Nick glanced from his phone to where George was picking himself apart in front of the mirror. "Wear that one, it makes your shoulders look good," he contributed before going back to replying to comments.

George nodded to himself in the mirror, picking up his clout goggles and slipping one of the arms down the neckline of his shirt to keep them rested on his chest.

"Alright, yeah, I think this is the one." George said, distantly remembering a y/n fanfic he'd read where the fan had worn something similar. "I look like I haven't put too much effort into it but only because I don't need too much effort to look good, not because I'm lazy or something."

"That makes... no sense." Nick replied, happy that his friend was finally finished getting dressed. They still had plenty of time to get there but he'd rather leave sooner over later in order to get a decent parking spot.

George heavily spritzed himself with cologne before throwing it into Nick's bag, alongside his deodorant, the tickets, their wallets, Nick's keys, a portable charger, two water bottles, a small poster for the band to sign, five pens, some breath spray, a plain black folder Nick had packed (George didn't bother asking) and an umbrella because London is just Like That. Needless to say, they were more than prepared.

"Alright, you finally ready to go?" Nick asked as he slung the bag over his shoulder. George nodded, deciding to quickly feed and say goodbye to his cat. They climbed into Nick's car and were off.

The venue wasn't far from George's house, luckily, and they were able to spend longer searching for a spot close enough to both the venue exit and the car park exit. George payed the fee for the car park and insisted they take photos in front of the entrance.

////:\\\\

@Sapnap
We have arrived! I'm pretty sure @Wish_I_Was_The_Disco is going to collapse. If you see us, feel free to come say hi!
————————————————
40 retweets 1k likes
    |
    |
@sapnapp
If George smiles any wider he'll tear his face in half
    |
    |
@simpnation
Y'all looking like a full mEAL 🥵👀
    |
    |
@elitweets
George is living out his y/n fantasies right now
         |
         |
     @Wish_I_Was_The_Disco
      If @Sapnap doesn't sell me to the dream
      team to help pay for his apartment then
why am I even here? 😤
       ————————————————
      24 retweets      319 likes

////:\\\\

George was practically shaking with excitement as Nick picked the bag back up. They were in. They were really going to see (Dream)ing Of The Disco live. They were going to MEET (Dream)ing Of The Disco. George pinched his arm thrice but he was still there.

George did that half walk, half jog thing to catch up with Nick, who was happily greeting two girls. As he caught up to stand beside Nick, the girls turned to him to say their hellos and explained that they were fans. They took a group photo, the girls both sending the photos to George via twitter before waving goodbye, leaving Nick to a buzzing George.

"Alright, it's about half an hour before the support comes on, do you wanna find a merch booth and then head to our spot?" Nick asked, glancing around them. George nodded enthusiastically before tugging at Nick's sleeve; he'd already spotted the merch.

Nick looked over the various shirts, hoodies, hats and more, inwardly wincing at the price. He was glad George decided to buy his own. One shirt caught his eye. It was a simple black tee with "(Dream)ing Of The Disco" written in white, a pastel green cloud surrounding "(Dream)ing". He stepped up to the counter and bought one, thanking the worker politely.

George was still looking at all the choices when Nick sidled up beside him, pulling on his new black tee. George groaned. It looked good, especially with the white long sleeve under. Nick laughed at George's dilemma.

"What about another tank top? You wanted to look good and it'll probably get hot," Nick noted, silently wondering whether the long sleeve was a bad idea. George nodded in thought. He decided (finally) on a pastel blue tank top with the same design as Nick's except the cloud was white and the writing red.

George decided to change shirts once they'd found their spot. He followed Nick through the crowds and down towards the stage. As the stage began to loom over him, everything became increasingly real. When Nick stopped, George clutched one hand to his elbow.

"This is real," George murmured breathlessly. "This is happening," Nick smiled as people slowly began to fill in the hall.

"This is real," Nick confirmed, patting George's hand. "This is happening," George changed tank tops quickly, placing the clout goggles back over his chest, and looked up to the stage in wonder.

————————————————-
1200 words

Alright! We're getting somewhere! What do you think about their fits? 👀

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!!

~Dandelion