Chapter 58

~~I've got three little words that I've always been dying to tell you~~

Third POV:

"Y/N, I'm very happy for you. Jungkook finally knows the truth and it's just a misunderstanding between you two." Taehyung gulped painfully as he fought his uncontrollable feelings away. He can't confess. It's not the right time when a part of him knows that she doesn't feel the same.

Somehow his words disappointed Y/N. She wanted him to tell her to decline the wedding. She wanted him to pull her close and convince her to forget Jungkook. Maybe her feelings are developing into something else. And she can't quite lay her finger on it. It's different from the way she felt for Jungkook.

For Jungkook she had this unbreakable trust and bond between him. She would always look for him in her hardest time because he has always been there. She was always living in her past again and again. And the memories of Jungkook being there with her made her fall for him. She believe she can stand up and face the world when Jungkook is with her. Somehow she leans on him and she didn't realize it until he left her. That's when she felt her world crumbling down again.He was her protector and the only warm place she yearned for.

But she realized that everything had changed ever since the breakup. She started to realize her capabilities. She started to appreciate herself more and love herself. Y/N sees the potential she has on her own without Jungkook's help. And she knew she can't find her trust self without Taehyung. He show her the way. He believes in her. And this made her admire him. This made her care for him. This made her attached to him.

She started to understand him better than before during this short amount of time. She doesn't need to know him for years like Jungkook. Taehyung is someone she can relate with the most. She understands him just like he understands her. And maybe that's why some part of her wish that he has some feelings for her more than sympathy and understanding.

She wanted to know whether his heart beat like crazy when she's near him because she does. She sometimes couldn't control and pray that he can't hear her insane heartbeat. She wanted to know whether he has the urge to hug her when she face a tiring day after work because all she needed was his warm embrace. So maybe these feelings had build the disappointment in her when he said he's happy for her marrying another man.

She wanted to do something about it. But she's not sure about her feelings to confess to him. She still believed that it was understandings and sympathies that made him stick with her for the past few horrible months.

"Are you really happy for me?" Y/N ask Taehyung as she tried looking at his face but he avoided her strong gaze. He can't face her when he's trying his best to not break down.

"Of course I am. That's what friends are for. We should be happy for each other's accomplishments! You are going to marry the man you love, Y/N! Congratulations," Taehyung smiled as he push away the strands of hair falling on Y/N's face.

Friends. That word hurted Y/N. And that's when she realized that their relationship is just friends. It always has been and it always will. She was convinced.

She slowly nodded her head as she try to think about a good response. She had decided to do Mr. Jeon a favor. She had nothing that is holding her back now. She had to fulfill his wish because he's important in her life. This is the only way to show how thankful she is for his kindness.

"Thank you for everything, Taehyung. You are a great friend." Y/N patted his arms as he gave her a painful smile that she couldn't interpret.

Taehyung was hurt, deeply hurt. And her words cut like knife. The word 'friend' is not what he wanted to say nor hear. But he had finally clarified that she doesn't have any feelings for him at all. She doesn't feel the same. He thought.

Y/N slowly turn around to reach for the stairs. He wanted to stop her. He wanted to pull her back and tell her how much he loves her. How much he wanted to hold her everyday. How much he wanted to tell her that she's worth everything. He wanted to tell her that he finally knows how to love because of her. Love is give and take like business that he is familiar with. Love is giving more to someone when a part of him knows that he won't get anything back. He knows that she's inlove with someone and yet he still loves her.

"Oh, Tae. I forgot. I bought something for you." Y/N quickly walked back to him and hand him the white bag on the kitchen counter.

"What is it?" He tiredly ask as part of him wanted nothing but her. Something he thought he never could have.

He slowly open the bag and saw black box. It has a camera labeled on it and he could not help but painfully smile. It is the best gift he ever had on the worst day of his life.

Y/N walked back to her room and dialed Mr. Jeon's number.

"Hello?" The man answered.

"Mr. Jeon. I have decided to marry Jungkook." Y/N told him with her eyes closed. There's nothing to hold her back now.

"Oh dear. This is the best day of my life," the old man chuckled. "Please come visit my mansion tomorrow. We can discuss about the engagement party with Jungkook!" He excitedly squealed as Y/N sighed.

"Yes, I will. See you tomorrow...father," she quickly hung up and collapsed on her bed. This is a one tiring day and she couldn't help but feel disappointed at her situation.

To Be Continued...

So cheesy and I'm crying but please don't give up on me yet 😭😭😭. Please leave a comment below on how you feel about this chapter.