Chapter 2

"Beep, beep, beep." My alarm clock chirped at 7 A.M.

"Ugh," I moaned tiredly, because I was both physically and mentally exhausted from my movie night out with Audrey. It was fun and all, but now I'm paying the price.

A few seconds later though, I finally managed to roll my sluggish body out of bed, when a bolt of energy shot through my veins, because I realized that today was the day I would be driving out to that diner I found yesterday in hopes they will hire me as their new employee.

With vitality returning to my body, I briskly rummaged through my chaotic closet and snatched my most flattering outfit I had stored in my cramped closet and rapidly dressed; along with styling my jet black hair, brushing my teeth, and putting on my best make up.

After I managed to successfully put myself together, I brewed a pot of Folgers Natural Chocolate Coffee and browned a few mini Eggo Waffles in my Breville toaster.

Once I scarfed down my less than satisfying breakfast, I seized my leather purse along with my car keys and hurriedly locked my apartment door.

It was about 8:05 A.M. by the time I unlocked my two door, 1977 Ford Maverick in the desolate parking lot of my apartment complex when I double checked to make sure if the "Now Hiring" ad was still in my purse where I placed it yesterday, which thankfully it was.

With a sigh of relief, I situated myself in the plush, seat of the car, and carefully typed the address of the diner, Earl's Fresh Eats, into the GPS on my phone.

"Today's going to be a great day, I just know it!" I cried out in joy as I headed for Interstate 40.