//eighteen//

I knew that I should leave. I shouldn't have stayed there for as long as I did, but part of me wanted to stay. Part of me wanted to stay there in Luke's arms, like nothing happened between us at all.

I slept well that night. It was some of the best sleep I had gotten in a while. Luke had me pulled up against his back. Arms wrapped around me securely and head on my shoulder. I placed my hand on his arm and tried to move it gently. As much as I wanted to stay in this moment, I needed to leave.

I slowly got up and started to gather my things. I wanted to get out before he saw me. I didn't want another confrontation between us.

I grabbed my sweater and my shoes and tiptoed out of his room. I opened his bedroom door slowly, but before I left I took one last look at him. He was sleeping soundly and I felt a little guilty for leaving him, but I couldn't forget what he had done.

I couldn't forget his lies.

I slowly made my way downstairs, trying not to wake anyone up. I was almost to the door when Luke's mom, Liz walked out of the kitchen.

"(Y/n), I'm surprised to see you here." She smiled. I hadn't seen her since she visited me in the hospital after my accident.

I froze, "Good morning, Mrs. Hemmings."

"Oh, you know you can call me Liz, silly." She looked down at my wrinkled clothes, "Did you stay the night?"

"Um, I ran into Luke last night and he wasn't feeling well. I wanted to make sure that he was okay." I partially lied.

Her eyebrows rose with worry, "Is he okay? I should go and check on him."

Liz started to head upstairs, but I knew that if she saw that he was hungover she would be furious. Any mother would be.

"Oh, he is fine. I gave him some medicine last night before he fell asleep. He was doing a lot better." I told her trying to cover for him.

She breathed a sigh of relief, "Okay, I will probably check on him later. Why don't you join me for some breakfast?"

"I should be getting home. My mom is probably worrying." I didn't want to stay in case Luke woke up.

"Nonsense, I'll give her a call and tell her you are having breakfast with us. Why don't you go and freshen up while I call her. We have some spare toothbruses under the sink." Liz told me. I knew that there wasn't any arguing with her.

I nodded, "Yes, ma'am."

She showed me where the bathroom was downstairs and I thanked her. I went inside and closed the door behind me. I hoped that Luke stayed in his bedroom and didn't come down while I was still here.

I fixed my hair and put it in a ponytail and smoothed out my clothes. I put my cardigan on and looked around for the spare toothbrushes that Liz was talking about. I found one and brushed my teeth before I threw it away and headed out of the bathroom.

Liz was in the kitchen and I smelled the french toast before I saw them.

"Have a seat, (Y/n)." Liz smiled and gestured for me to sit at the island. I sat down and she gave me some orange juice.

"How have you been feeling?" She asked me.

"Fine. I get headaches every once in while. The doctor said it was going to be common."

"You still don't remember anything?"

I shook my head, "The only thing I can remember is my accident."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this." Liz told me. I was used to getting the sympethetic looks by now.

"I'm really doing fine, Liz." I said.