//twenty//

Tonight was the night that I agreed to go on a date with Luke. I had to admit that I was nervous as hell. I didn't even want to know what was going through his mind at the moment.

It took me nearly two hours to figure out what I wanted to wear. Was it super casual? Or sort of dressy?

I wanted to ask him, but he was being secretive about where he was going to bring me already.

I decided to wear a teal floral dress with white flats. I threw on a cardigan and left my hair down. I put on some makeup but not too much. For my jewelry, I put on the necklace that my dad left me before he passed.

I headed downstairs with my phone and purse in my hands while I waited for Luke.

My mom was in the living room watching Grey's Anatomy when I walked in.

"Wow, you look beautiful (Y/n)." She gushed.

I smiled, "Thanks. I've been going through outfits practically all day."

"It's an important date huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "We will see."

The doorbell rang before my mom could ask me anything else. She went to answer it while I waited patiently.

"Luke! Don't you look handsome!" I heard my mom say.

"Thank you, ma'am." Luke told her. I heard footsteps and I turned to see Luke and my mom coming into the living room.

Luke looked good. Really good. I expected him to maybe come wearing a band tee and his regular skinny jeans, but he didn't.

Well, he was still wearing his black skinny jeans, but he wore a white buttoned down shirt instead of a tee shirt. I noticed that he also got a hair cut.

"(Y/n), you look so gorgeous." He breathed out once he walked over to me.

I smiled and felt my cheeks heat up a little, "Thank you. You look very handsome."

Luke pulled me into a hug and I let him. I wrapped my arms around him and breathed in his scent.

When our hug was over, he looked down at me, "Are you ready to go?"

I nodded and went to give my mom a hug before we left.

"Have fun!" My mom told us as we walked out the front door and to Luke's car. He opened the passenger door for me and I thanked him.

Once Luke got inside, he pulled out of my driveway and we were off to our date. I wanted to ask him where we were going but I knew that I had to be patient. I would know sooner or later.

Luke placed his hand on my leg and I felt butterflies in my stomach because of his touch. I placed mine on top of his.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful tonight?" He asked me.

I laughed a little, "I think so."

"I will say it all night long."

"Where are we going?" I asked him before he could tell me it again.

"We are going somewhere that we've been before. Well, before your accident. The beach." He smiled.

"The beach? At night?"

Luke nodded, "We used to go at night all of the time."

"Is it illegal?"

He laughed at me, "I don't think so, but tonight we aren't going to care."

....

I ignored some of the signs that said we weren't supposed to be at the beach at night time as Luke walked me to our spot. He had a picnic basket in one hand and held my hand with the other.