The Notebook

Imani's P.O.V

I shut the door and locked it, then helped Zay Zay take his jacket off. Suddenly I heard a door creak and then loud footsteps approach us. I tossed Zay Zay's jacket onto the couch and ordered him to play with his toys. I looked up and Christopher was standing in front of me in grey Nike sweatpants and a wife beater. I took my winter clothing off and tossed it into a bar stool, then went into the kitchen. He followed behind me quietly and then leaned onto the sink. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I was trying to make it seem like I was.

"Can we talk... In our room?" he asked scratching the back of his neck.

I placed the juice back into the refrigerator and then nodded my head.

He grabbed onto my hand and lead me to our bedroom. He told Zay Zay not to go anywhere or do anything he knew that was wrong and then shut the door behind us.

"What's up?" I asked folding my arms over my chest.

"Did you think about us?" he asked taking a seat on the bed.

"Yeah a little" I answered. "Have you?"

"Yeah, I think that we should stay together" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"We've invested so much in each other, why give up now?" he explained.

I nodded my head in comprehension and then sighed.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"I think... I think I should move out for a few days and then after Tour maybe we can re evaluate 'us'" I answered.

He bit his lip and nodded understandingly.

"I get it" he responded softly. "I haven't completely forgiven you so, I think it's best"

"So we're taking a break?" I asked making sure he understood the situation completely.

"We're breaking up for the next month and a half" he answered staring at the floor.

"Yeah..." I said as my voice trailed off.

I patted his shoulder and then grabbed my duffle bag out of the closet.

"I'm going to watch Isaiah. I can't watch you pack" he said already out the door.

I nodded and continued with my packing. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed Diggy's number. He answered within three rings.

"Wassup?" He asked cheerfully.

"Do you mind if I stay with you for a bit?..." I asked. "Jazzy and Lexy won't be back from Niagara Falls until tomorrow morning"

"Of course, of course" he repeated.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes" I said.

"Aight. And while I wait I'll be cleaning up as fast as I can" he replied with a soft laugh.

I giggled and then hung up. This was getting heavy, too heavy. I sighed and then dialed Princeton's number.

"What it do?" He asked in a ghetto voice.

"Hahaha I gotta tell you something Afro Puff" I laughed.

"YOU PREGNANT AGAIN?!" He shouted in my ear.

"NO, RETARD!!" I hollered back.

"Well then what's good witchu shawty?" He asked using the voice again.

"Jacob Perez be serious for one minute. This is forreal forreal and it stays between you and me" I said sternly.

"Okay, what's up?" He asked using his normal voice.