I Guess This Is It

Imani's P.O.V

I smiled and watched as Gina applied hot pink lip gloss onto my lips. She was slightly tearing up as she painted my lips causing her nose to redden. I touched her arm and smirked a little sending her a mental message that I missed her too. Today was Me, Jazzy, and Lexy's first performance since last year and it was going to be live on 106 & Park with the new co-hosts Bow Wow, Paigeon, Miss Mykie, and Shorty Da Prince.

The president of Atlantic Records had approved our new singles and they had been released in early November. They sky rocketed to the top of the Billboard Charts and we were demanded for interviews on every TV and Radio show possible. We showed up for most of them and the we had one more week of interviews until Christmas and a week after we would begin touring. This was our first live performance since I had Zay Zay and I was so excited. Twist was bringing Zay Zay to watch and Diggy was coming to show support for Lexy.

I was dressed in a red and white crochet tank top, white skinnies, red Toms, a blue G-Shock, and a red, blue, and white Fedora. My hair was flat ironed down my back with my natural colors and no light brown streaks in the front. My nails were painted white and pink lip gloss shimmered across my lips.

Jazzy had on army cargo shorts, a white crop top, white Nikes, gold hoops, and a brown leather book bag. Her hair was natural, but had an army print beanie over her head. Her face was left natural with the exception of some lip gloss on her lips.

Lexy wore a white bustier top, blue skinnies, blue and white Supra's, a blue and white University of Kentucky snap back, and white sunglasses. Blue eye shadow covered the crease of her eye lid and red lip stick covered her lips. Her hair was curled under her snap back with blonde high lights.

Perry stepped in for a moment and told us that it was time to hit the stage. Abnormally, I wasn't nervous or afraid or even anxious. I was excited to be home on the stage where I belonged. I was even more excited to see Zay Zay see his mommy perform for the first time.

We all high fived each other and then exited the dressing room following on each other's heels. As we walked down the long, white hallway we were handed microphones and light, amicable touches on the shoulder. I smiled and thanked each person on the way there and finally as the crowd's chants began to fill my ears we reached the stage. I looked back at my girls who were smiling as wide as I was, and pulled the curtains back. A bright spot light shined on us as we took the stage and loud shrieks surrounded me.

"It's good to be back!!" Jazzy said into the mic.

"It really is, Jazzy" I replied.

"Guys we want to introduce y'all to the newest member of Above All, Alexus Edmonds. But we like to call her, Lexy" Jazzy said allowing Lexy to step forward.

She smiled nervously and waved to the audience.

"She's new at this, so let's start with something easy. DJ!! Hit us up with 'How We Do'!!" I commanded.

Jazzy, Lexy, and I got into our formations and the beat to our very first single began to blast through the speakers. We began to move our bodies to the music as I sang into the mic. This was the best feeling ever to be back on the stage. With our beloved fans screaming and chanting our names again.

In the very back row, I spotted Twist standing holding Zay Zay on his shoulders as he cheered me on. Zay Zay clapped and waved at me acknowledging the fact that he knew that mommy was on stage. I waved back slightly and then grabbed a fan's hand as we grooved to the music together. She was in tears as I held her hand in mine. I let go and continued with the routine and as soon as I did she hollered on the top of her lungs with no hesitation to deafen those around her.