The Reception

Imani's P.O.V

Diggy and I danced in the middle of the ball room to 'Lets Get Married' by Jagged Edge the Most Def remix. Zay Zay sat with Mr and Mrs Simmons getting his cheeks pinched and stuffing cookies in his mouth. My girls danced with the guys they walked down the isle with. Roc and Jazzy, Ray and Dimitra, Prince and Nakia, Roger and Leanni, Spin and Lexy, JoJo and Jenna, Russy and my little sister, and Prod and Laqueeda were the couples.

It was nice to have us all dancing, but I was lost in Diggy's eyes the entire time. He remembered everything I told him I wanted at a wedding, even the song. Jesus Christ, I just couldn't figure out what I did to deserve him. He was perfect. He had perfect brown skin, expressive, piercing dark brown eyes, and the body of a god. But yet despite all those lovely features, he was still down to earth and sweet. Sensitive with a bit of a temper, but a big heart that allowed him to care for others. He was such a great father, I couldn't fathom how I had gotten so blessed but had been so stubborn for four years.

God had gotten the attributes that Diggy had and placed them perfectly into Isaiah. Isaiah was Diggy to a T. The hair, the nose, the lips, the hands and toes, the stature, mannerisms, and some of his personality. He retained Diggy's great listening skills, witty responses, perfectionist attitude, and persistent mind set.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked pressing his forehead against mine.

"I just don't understand how I got so lucky." I answered gnawing on my bottom lip.

"I've been thinking that the entire time." He replied with a small chuckle.

"Really? Awww" I said blushing.

"What were you thinking as you walked down the isle?" He asked taking my hands.

"I had to keep telling myself not to cry because the look on your face when you saw me almost brought me to tears." I replied.

"How was I looking?"

"You were in awe, like you had never seen anyone else like me in the world. I could see the tears in your eyes from where I stood."

"That's exactly what I was thinking. I just couldn't believe that I was marrying you. I loved you from the day I met you and I know with every fiber in my being that you're the person that God made for me to love for the REST of my life."

"I decided that I wanted to marry you on my eighteenth birthday. All my life I doubted that I'd ever find someone that made me whole, and when we slow danced to my mom's wedding song, the first person I saw was you. That was when I knew that you were especially made for me."

We were both smiling uncontrollably, staring into each others eyes. He was so beautiful. 'Back At One' by Brian McKnight began to blast. I brought my arms around his neck just as he snaked his arms around my waist and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. I closed my eyes and grooved with him to the beat feeling more loved than I had ever felt in my entire life. I placed my hand onto my heart and then I realized that his heart beat matched mine.

"Are they the same?" He asked.

"Yes, they are." I replied fighting back tears.

Daniel and I were one.