The Beach

Imani's P.O.V

As I put my mascara on I whispered to myself in the mirror, "Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm over here just asking for trouble. Worst idea ever". I blinked a few times and then fluffed my hair.

"Where your goin?" Diggy asked entering the room.

"To Starbucks with Jazzy and Lexy" I lied. "I'll be back in an hour"

I was wearing a red V-neck sweater, white leggings, and black UGGs. I had on red lip stick and some thick black mascara.

I kissed Diggy long and hard and then grabbed my white fleece jacket. I pulled it on and zipped it half way up. I picked up my keys and phone and then placed a hand on his cheek.

"I love you" I said looking into his eyes.

He smiled and took my hand from his face. He kissed it without breaking eye contact.

"I love you too" he replied placing my hand on his heart.

I smiled and then left the house. I took a deep breath as I locked the door and then took a step.

"This is it" I said to myself.

I took another breath and then continued down the hallway.

Diggy's P.O.V

I put on my black beanie and then my all black Nikes. I grabbed my keys and my phone and then peaked outside to see if she had left yet. She was just settling into her car. I grabbed my Black Pyramid hoodie and dashed out the door.

My heart was racing and I was anxious. I had a bad feeling that this day would be the last I get to call her my girl friend. I had been thinking about it all night as she laid next to me snoring away like there wasn't anything she was hiding from me. Then she kissed me so passionately before she left it almost had me thinking that I was all imaging it in my head. But that little voice persuaded me to go see what happens. I couldn't let the curiosity eat me out like maggots.

I climbed into my Range Rover and then waited until she pulled off. I followed a few yards away from her car pulling my beanie down farther just in case she looked into her rear view mirror and identified me. She was singing along to the music in her car and continuously looked down at her phone.

She made me nervous because of the look she had in her eyes. Anxiousness and excitement all at the same time. I didn't need this. Two days with her back and she was already leaving me? We'd discussed marriage only a few nights ago!

I pulled up around the corner and waited for her to get out. She looked at herself in her mirror and then opened her car door. She walked away and I lost her through bushes that blocked my view. I got out the car and then jogged around the bushes.

My heart stopped, my palms got sweaty, and I suddenly felt like I needed to throw up. I instantly began crying seeing my girlfriend kissing the guy that I hate. I could literally feel my heart breaking to pieces.

"Imani" I managed to say through hysteric sobs.

They pulled away and she turned around, shocked.

"This is not--" she started.

"Save it" I said cutting her off.

I took in some air, clenched my fists and then walked towards Christopher ready to strike.

"What you wanna do, bruh?" Christopher asked looking at me up and down.

I swung with my left first and made impact. He grunted in pain and went for a jab at my jaw. I blocked it and punched him with the other fist, harder than the first. I grabbed his collar and then punched him again. As my fist connected with his face I could feel and hear the impact of the punch and the sound of his jaw bone cracking.

"DANIEL STOP IT!!!" Imani shouted.

I threw another punch and this time I could see blood. It splattered and dripped from his nose and mouth like a faucet. I kept punching him. Harder and harder each time ignoring Imani's wishes.

The next thing I knew Imani was punching me. I stopped all sudden movements to keep from accidentally hitting her and backed away from the bleeding Christopher. He collapsed onto the ground panting and coughing up blood. I was breathing just as hard. I had lost all self control.

"Daniel, it isn't what it seems" she said wiping her tears.

I looked at her, then looked at him, then walked away letting my tears flow. I wished she would run after me, but she didn't.

Imani's P.O.V

I watched as he walked away debating whether or not I should run after him. Christopher, kissed me. I was in the middle of cussing him out when he kissed me. I would never in a million years do that to Daniel, but to be honest I didn't pull away or fight. I liked it, but before Daniel even showed up. I wanted those lips to be his and not Christopher's.

Being the nice person that I am, I took Christopher to the hospital. It seemed that his jaw and nose were broken and I couldn't let him just lay there.

I helped him out of the car as he held McDonalds napkins against his nose and then took him into the Urgent Care unit. He sat on the seat and stared at me, but I wished that Christopher's brown eyes were Daniel's dark brown eyes. I had a strong feeling that it was over and frankly, I didn't want it to be over. I wanted Daniel.