Chapter 23!

"I kind of feel bad about having you walk us back.." Ema looked a little embarrassed that Natsume insisted on walking them to the train station so they could head back to the condo. Mei was at the back of their little group, looking at a cryptic text from Nageki that was asking something along the lines of 'how sick can you get from eating raw eggs' and she somewhat amused and mildly worried that he thought to ask her after he had eaten it.

"Don't worry, I couldn't let my two underage sisters walk back on their own."

"Ah, the city really is in Christmas mode, huh?" All of the Christmas decorations lining the street were lighting up the night air, the trio passing by their fourth set of reindeer in only a few hundred feet.

"Do you have any plans?" Ema hesitated to answer Hatsume's question, trying to think about what might be happening now with the new family group.

"Unless we're doing anything as a family, not really." The two looked back to Mei as she let out a small chuckle while looking at Nageki's new texts, now about how sprinkles probably shouldn't be eaten on their own. She had an inkling that he was trying to make cookies to surprise her based off of these strange texts, but she feigned ignorance for his sake. "What about you Mei?"

"U-uh, I have the company party like usual that week so I'll be with Nageki the day of the party and the day after, but other than that I was just planning on giving everyone presents on the day of." They were both looking at her, as though slightly jealous that she seemed to have at least some sort of social life, but neither said anything in particular about the fact that she'd been spending so much time with Nageki recently.

"What about you Natsume?"

He looked a little amused as the question was turned on him, "Christmas time is a toymakers best season, I'm afraid I'll be spending it all at work."

"Then don't give me that pitiful look if you have no plans either!" Ema seemed to be in good spirits while teasing him, making Mei smile a bit. It would be the first Christmas in a while where it wasn't just the two of them, exchanging gifts it was near impossible to keep secret because of how often they were out together.

Natsume laughed along with Ema, before noticing her hair. "Do you always wear your hair up like that?"

"Huh? I guess I do, why?"

"I guess it's a bit early and it might seem cheap, but Merry Christmas." With that Natsume wrapped his scarf around Ema's bare neck, making the girl blush. Mei grinned slightly at the gesture, noticing that the orange haired man probably had no idea what he just did or even the chance that he did know was somehow funnier.

"T-thank you." Mei chuckled lightly at Ema's flustered voice making the girl whine slightly at her sister for embarrassing her further.

"Sorry I don't have anything for you Mei, but.." He trailed off looking at the girl, she had on a thick coat, a crocheted looking scarf, fingerless gloves, and he knew she was wearing a shirt and sweater underneath.

"Yeah, it's better her than me, I always come too prepared when it comes to cold weather. Besides, the meal was more than enough, you can't beat free food." Natsume laughed lightly at the girl's comment, ruffling her hair a bit to show that he was glad for how considerate she was being.

When Mei and Ema were riding the train back to the condo, they sat in an amicable silence, Ema still distractedly playing with the scarf as she smiled to herself. Mei watched her sister with a mix of emotion, glad the girl was enjoying herself but also quite a bit worried at the types of relationships she was forming with her brothers outside of being siblings. "Hey Ema?"