What Have You Thanked Him For? (11- 18 - 12)

Ephesians 5: 20- Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

            Most Christians know what Thanksgiving is all about- giving God thanks for everything He’s provided. Being with family, friends, and especially food are all ways to utilize the things that god has given… but we must give thanks for those things, and many more!

            What have you thanked Him for today? The picture attached reads, “What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?” Think about it. Not only should we thank God when times are good, we should thank Him ALL THE TIME, and for EVERYTHING He’s given!

            I know that personally if I woke up without things that I neglected to thank God for, I’d be in pretty rough shape. In fact, most people wouldn’t have much… their houses, their clothes and shoes… those things would be gone! So this is a message to everyone out there- Christian and non-Christian alike- be thankful for everything you have, in the good times AND the bad! You will be rewarded for that!

            Try this out: Make a list of things that you’re thankful for! If you have a daily journal or a place where you walk by every day, place the list there this week. Every time you walk by it, remember to pray and thank the Lord for everything on that list!

A list of things to be thankful for:

Family

Friends

Jesus’ Blood

A GoodChristianHome

Parents

Clothes

Shoes

A Home

FOOD

Etc.

Meanwhile, check out the lyrics to this song!

Thank You, Lord

Vs. 1

For making the sun to shine / putting the stars in the sky / for the flowers that bloom / the ocean so blue / thank you, Lord / for every sparrow that sings, and makes sweet melody For the river that flows / the rain and the snow / thank you, Lord

Ch. Well, I just want to thank you, Lord / I just want to thank you, Lord

For everything that you’ve done for me / thank you, Lord…

I just want to thank you, Lord / I just want to thank you, Lord

For making me whole / and saving my soul / thank you, Lord

Vs. 2

For the home and family / for the joy that you’ve given me / for shoes on my feet / and plenty to eat / thank you, Lord / for the church where I worship and pray / for the freedom that I have today / for your spirit I feel / your presence so real / thank you, Lord…

Vs. 3

For being a friend so dear / giving my sad heart cheer / for holding my hand, when I could not stand / thank you, Lord / for giving your life for me, on that cross at Calvary / for taking my place / for mercy and grace / thank you, Lord

Ch.

And I’ve got so much to thank Him for / so much to praise Him for

You see, He’s been so good to me

And when I think of what He’s done / and where He’s brought me from / I’ve got so much to thank Him for…

Thank you Lord…