Making the New Year 'New'

Making the New Year ‘New’

If you haven’t written a New Year’s Resolution, I encourage you to! I know it’s only about… hmm, another HOUR till the New Year, but hey, it’s a start. START NOW!

(My personal New Year’s Resolution: Read my Bible and PRAY every day; write in my prayer journal as well. Keep my friends close this year; take other people’s thoughts into consideration!)

Something simple like that can get you started on the right track to improving your life- and your walk with Christ! Just make sure you set REACHABLE goals! :P

I wanted to sort of ‘ring in the New Year’ with an encouraging Bible verse. Yesterday our pastor preached about things we can KNOW as Christians. When you know something in your mind, that’s not the same as knowing it, or feeling it in your heart! The Bible sets clear some things (tons of things, actually) that we can KNOW as Christians!

*For a great Bible study, outline some of these things in the book of I John. I’ve done it, and I’ve got a whole list of encouraging things that I have set safely in my heart, and not just my mind!*

So here’s the passage:

Psalm 56: 3-4- What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

*These two verses are always an encouragement to me. I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. That means flesh- my own flesh, others’ flesh- should not stand in the way of me. I don’t have to fear those things, if for no other reason than this: God is for me.

Psalm 56: 9- When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

Think about that! God is for me. He is for you. He loves each and every one of us individually, and that should be enough for us to lose all fear and Trust in Him:)