Veterans' Day (11-10-12)

Veteran’s Day

            2 Timothy 2: 3-4 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of [this] life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

            Today the world is filled with people that refuse to accept Jesus. Dirty jokes, Jesus jokes, and jokes against Christianity in general… all of those are the Devil’s way of bringing Christians down. The Bible says that we are to be ‘good soldiers’ for the Lord Jesus Christ! That means we must know our mission: to rescue the souls of the lost!

            We have those today who fight for our freedoms every day. These brave souls work hard for our country so that we can have all that we have. All the same, Jesus sacrificed himself, that we might have life through him. We are needful to tell others about this great news! He has saved us from our sin, and we can now go to Heaven to be with him someday! If you have already received Christ as your savior, you may be familiar with the worldly things that others may do.

            As a ‘good soldier’, we are obligated to stop and tell people about Him. If someone makes a joke that offends you, you should stop them and tell them precisely why it offends you. Not only are you obligated to do that, you should want to, if you’re saved. Just tell others what Jesus Christ did for you! :) He will reward you for it!