Foreword

Foreword

            I guess you could say this is somewhat like a devotional. Though I might not have the right words to say at times, I can provide my own thoughts and interpretations of the Bible. These following little excerpts may not speak to everyone, but hopefully these new thoughts that I bring to the table might help others in their walk with Jesus Christ. This is a feat that I am so harshly trying to accomplish for myself.

            I was thinking the other day about how I could use my talents for the Lord. Based on what I’ve been taught, anyone and everyone can be a soul-winner. Christians (at least in my church) are encouraged to get out and knock doors, compel the lost to come to church, become faithful if they’ve lost their ways, or even present them with the glorious plan of salvation. This is something that ALL Christians are not only encouraged to do, we are commanded. Matthew 28: 19 – 20 says, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the same of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you… These are the very words of Jesus, his own special commandment to each one of us.

            Just because anyone can soul-win, it doesn’t mean that everyone can do everything. Some can sing; I try my hardest with my small amount of singing talent to please the Lord. Some can play a musical instrument. Some are great workers; they can cook and clean, or maybe just help around the church. Some are great at public speaking, and some can write wonderful lesson plans or cute little plays to teach little children about Jesus.

            My talent is writing. Even when I’m down on ideas, I can always use ideas from others and come up with something. To some writers, this is a feat in and of itself; to me, it’s just how I roll.

            Following this is my attempt to use my talents for the Lord. Obviously, by writing Christian Fan fictions, I have been trying to get my message out there. But this will be different. Whenever I feel moved to do so, I’ll try to write some ‘Food for thought’, my own personal interpretation of a specific Bible passage. I will try to span my views to cover a teen’s daily walk; and hopefully in the process I can encourage teens today (yes, even in 2012) to live for Christ, no matter where God has placed them in life.