45

"You know Yimin wanted you two to get together?""Huh? Who's Yimin?""My mother"Yena raised a brow at Chenle's response before turning to face her father as she spoke

"Huh? Who's Yimin?"
"My mother"
Yena raised a brow at Chenle's response before turning to face her father as she spoke.

"And how do you know his parents?"
"Long story dear. He'll tell you someday, wait for it"
Yena gave Jonghyuk a small nod despite her mind clouding with endless thoughts.

"You take after Kai a lot"
Jonghyuk said, looking at Chenle with a smile on his face, remembering his father every time he glanced at the younger boy.

"But seriously, are you two together?"
"W-what? No!"
Yena instantly denied and deep down their hearts both of them felt crestfallen at those words- their feeling for one another still unrevealed.

"You're an officer right? I believe you can take care of her"
"Dad I can take care of myself"
Chenle rolled his eyes at her words.

"I mean.. kinda?"
"Kinda? You live with me Yena"
"So? I still do take care of myself and you! Who cooks you dinner every time?"
"Did I ask?"
"How ungrateful"
Yena scoffed making Chenle roll his eyes earning a chuckle from Jonghyuk.

"You two still bicker?"
Yena and Chenle looked at the elder, furrowing their brows in confusion.

"What do you mean still?"
"You really don't remember?"
"No, tell"
"The first time you two met, all you did was fight. It was cute though"
Yena and Chenle shared a look before averting their gaze, flustered by the sudden self consciousness the two felt under each other's presence.

"We'll leave, it's late dad"
Yena said before glancing at her father who nodded in response.

"Nice meeting you si— dad..?"
"Me too Chenle"
Jonghyuk smiled, giving Chenle a nod.

Standing up the two exited the room and just then Johnny walked in the opposite direction, towards them.

"You leaving sis?"
"Ye—"
"Sis? Johnny is your brother?"
Chenle interjected eyeing the elder from head to toe and Johnny smiled upon deciphering his actions.

"Why? Overprotective boyfriend he is?"
"He isn't!"
"What? Overprotective or boyfriend?"
"Boyfriend.."
Yena mumbled out earning a laugh from Johnny before he walked past the girl, whispering something to Chenle before he entered inside the room.

"Be a good boyfriend"
Chenle's lips curled up into a smile hearing those words from Johnny before he glanced at the girl who raised a brow and he shrugged in response.

"Is he your brother?"
"Who? Johnny?"
Chenle gave her a nod and she shook her head in response.

"He is the personal caretaker for my dad and that's how we know each other since what?...eight years. He treats me like his own sister"
Chenle silently listened to her as they got inside his car, driving back to Ulsan.

"Do you remember?"
"What?"
"Us meeting when we were young..?"
Chenle shrugged in response, looking ahead as he drove.

Yena furrowed her brows trying to recollect her memories but she failed to remember when she met Chenle.

"I've such a bad memory.."
She mumbled to herself before shrugging her thoughts off.

"Anyways,"
"What did Daesung say?"
Yena asked and Chenle glanced at her for a second before looking back at the road.

"Something about Ruby"
"Ruby? Isn't that a mafia gang?"
Chenle gave her a nod in response.

"The killer is Ruby's leader"
"Oh? I thought it was an inactive mafia gang"
"As a gang? Yes"
"Oh.. how's Ruby related to those victims?"
"You speak too much Yena"
Yena's lips naturally pouted, sighing out at his comment as she brought all her questions to a stop.

Chenle briefly glanced at Yena who was busy watching the outside through the window- his heart pounding to let out the question that lingered in his mind ever since morning.

And after getting to know that his mother wanted the two to get together, his mind could not refrain from pondering over it.

Tightening his grip on the steering wheel, he gulped down his anxiety before clearing his throat hoping he would gain her attention but it was vain.

"Coward,"
"Just call her"
He muttered to himself, exhaling deeply before speaking up.

"Yena"
The girl turned to face him, humming in response, awaiting for him to speak- his heart erratically beating within his chest and he breathed out to calm himself, mustering his courage to let out the words that had been gnawing at his mind.

"About morning.."
Yena immediately tensed up hearing those words from him, knowing where the conversation was heading to.

"What did you hear?"
"H-uh? Like..uh like everything? I'm not sure"
Yena stuttered out, words struck in her mouth, panicking at what he would say but he could clearly notice she was lying.

"Are we just strangers?"
"Strangers?"
Yena repeated his words, her own heart pounding at his question.

Chenle bit down on his lower lip as conflicting thoughts filled his mind- a part of him wanted to know her response but again he was scared of being rejected.

The car came to an abrupt stop, startling the girl and she looked out only to see they had reached her apartment.

"Are we?"
Yena questioned back and he turned to look at the girl, his eyes glancing between hers- neither of them wanting to break the eye contact, everything around them went unheard, just the two being lost in their own thoughts about one another.

"I-I'll leave"
Yena mumbled out, forcefully tearing her eyes away from his gaze, clicking her seatbelt unlock before opening the car door.

Chenle immediately let his hands clasped hers, stopping her and without giving a second thought those words that he desperately wanted to let out escaped his lips making her eyes widen.
"I like you Yena"

There goes the confession😌♥️