13

"What's with your obsession with these lately Mi?"Yena asked, eyeing the girl who opened a box filled with Apricot kernels

Yena asked, eyeing the girl who opened a box filled with Apricot kernels.

"My sister has been receiving this from some 'secret admirer' of hers. Nari is allergic to apricots so why not?"
Miri said, as she plopped a few in her mouth and Yena raised a brow at her words confused.

"You mean Jaehwa's mom?"
Miri nodded in response.

"Want some?"
She asked, extending her hands that held onto the box and Yena shook her head.

"I don't like them, thanks"
Yena politely rejected her offer earning a shrug from her as she continued savoring onto the kernels.

"Do you even know who it's from?"
Yena asked but sighed upon noticing Miri ignore the question- too busy enjoying the food.
Yena stared at Miri for a few seconds before shrugging her thoughts off.

"But sir, I need this job!"
Yena desperately pleaded in expectation that the cafeteria owner that she worked at would get convinced to hire her back.

"Sorry Yena, I can't"
"Why sir? Did I make any mistake—"
"You were perfect Yena"
"Then why sir?"
"It's just a part time job right? Nothing much to loose, please leave"
"Sir, I am not earning for myself- I need the job"
The elder man paused, sighing out before continuing to speak.

"Kim Yena, leave before I make you"
"But I do have the rights to know why I am obliged to quit?"
"You live in Ulsan... I can't risk any of my workers to get involved in those crime cases, it could ruin my business reputation"
Yena's mouth parted in shock, trying to process if she had heard him right.

"Now you can leave"
He pointed at the door, waiting for the girl to leave.

"Thank you for the job sir"
Yena gave him a respectful bow before grabbing her bag and making her way out of the cafeteria.

"Why did I even move to that stupid area?!"
Yena groaned, stomping her foot before making her way to the bus stop.

"Ulsan, one ticket"
Per usual, Yena swiped her bus pass and when she turned around to find herself a seat she was surprised to see everyones eyes set on the girl- eyes wide as they stared at her before whispers broke out.

"She's brave to live in that place"
"A college student and that too alone.."
"A girl as well, must I add"
"True, poor girl"
"I pity her and her family"

"The hell??"
Yena mumbled to herself- lowly glaring at the women before sitting down at the empty seat- plugging her earphones in as she listened to music to divert herself from all their stares and attention, her eyes occasionally viewing the destination displayer.