23

"Chunhwa's report is same as the others""Cyanide?" "Yes"Nodding, Jeno handed the file back to Chenle

"Cyanide?"
"Yes"
Nodding, Jeno handed the file back to Chenle.

"Here's the information about that women"
"Kang Boa, age- forty one, retired forensic expert and investigative officer"
Chenle gave Jisung a nod in acknowledgment.

"We must enquire the witness.."
Mark said turning around to face the girl who was silently seated on the couch- eyes staring at the flooring as she endlessly thought about what had happened earlier.

"Take her home first, we can talk to her tomorrow"
Renjun said and Donghyuck gave Chenle a small push towards the girl, earning a groan from the boy before he approached her- unwillingly.

"Come"
Was all he said before turning his back to her but she was too busy lost in her own thoughts to even notice that he had approached her.

Noticing her absence behind him, he looked to his side only to see her sitting in the same position.

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, snapping his fingers in front of her and she flinched before looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Wha-"
"Wanna get home or not?"
Yena gave him a small nod standing up.

"Ah, hold up"
She tugged onto the hem of his shirt sleeve, stopping him- his back turned to her as she spoke.

"By home you mean-"
Yena paused- biting on her lip anxiously, hesitating to say out the next words but nevertheless she did.

"Your house?"
Chenle breathed out loudly, pulling his hand away from hers that gripped onto his clothing before leaving the station- her question left unanswered.

Yena wordlessly trailed behind him towards his car, still awaiting his reply yet all she got was silence.

Clicking the seatbelt lock she looked ahead, his feet pressing onto the accelerator as the car sped down the road.

The silence was almost killing her cause she was a girl of many words, though it was not an awkward silence, she still could not keep herself steady from staying hushed.

"Why are you helping me?"
Yena asked, eyes staring ahead- suddenly feeling anxious.

And upon getting no response she looked to her side to face him but he completely ignored her.

"Is it because I'm now a witness?"
She questioned, leaning more forward to take a better look at his face, waiting for his response- his brows lightly furrowed, his black hair falling over his eyes, his naturally red lips slightly parted as he concentrated on the road ahead as his feet pressed further on the accelerator speeding the car.

Yena was entranced by his looks, getting lost in his eyes that glistens under the moonlight that beamed down through the glass, he looked almost ethereal in her eyes.

Though his eyes were looking ahead, he could still see the girl's eyes staring at him- heart beat fastening as instinctively his feet went pressing onto the brakes in order to snap her out of her trance.

Yena lowly gasped at the sudden jerk before sitting back straight- mentally cursing herself for staring at him oh so noticeably.

The same silence surrounding her made her thoughts trail back to what she was speaking about.

"I'm in danger, right?"
"He's probably going to kill me.."
"I just know, I'll die soon"
Yena spoke to herself knowing he would not bother to reply anyways.

Chenle loudly sighed out, shutting his eyes close momentarily and his grip on the steering wheel tightened- irritated by the girl who kept speaking without ceasing.

Yena instantly came to a stop noticing his changing demeanor- her lips naturally forming pout as her shoulders fell in disappointment before she sat back straight, deciding to keep her lips sealed for now.

The rest of the drive was utterly silent- her mind invaded by never ending thoughts, speaking to herself inside her mind while he concentrated on the road ahead as he drove the two to his house.

"Get down"
He said before clicking his seatbelt and got off and she did the same while he rounded the car towards her.

Chenle was about to walk away from the girl but stopped noticing her feet stuck onto the ground- not bothering to make a single move.

"Don't expect me to always guide you-"
He began, sliding his hand into his pocket as he eyed the girl who stood alarmed upon hearing his words.

"I don't fucking care about you"
He mumbled under his breath running a hand through his black hair yet she could clearly hear him- her heart stinging in pain at his words.

"Then why are you helping me?"
Yena let out- her eyes turning glassy all of a sudden.

"Shut up"
He muttered turning on his heels as he walked towards the door and Yena skipped behind him.

Just when he was about to unlock his door- her fingers clasped onto his hand making him stop.

"What do I mean to you?"
Yena asked- his eyes narrowing down to hers, flustered by her question.

"What am I to you?"
She repeated herself- gut wrenching as she gulped the lump down her throat that turned sore, yearning to hear his response.

Chenle's eyes flickered down at her hand that held his and back at her face before letting out a breath as he cleared all the strange thoughts that clouded his mind, before speaking up.

"You mean nothing to me, never will"
He said, nonchalantly as he stared down at her- his eyes glancing between her own.

Yena loosened her grip on his hand, at loss of words upon hearing him- it almost felt like she could not breathe.

But why?

How much ever she tried to introspect herself she could never end up with an answer as to why his words had such a impact on her.

They were just strangers..

He pulled his hand by his side, rolling his eyes before stepping inside the house-  unbothered and uninterested as to what the girl was put through cause of his words.