Prolouge

"It is time." rasped a firey orange tom. 

   "For what, Firestar?" asked a tabby and white she-cat. "Not for-"

   "Yes, it is." Firestar sighed. "The Clans have to fight by theirselves in this battle." The group of cats murmured to each other. A black and white tom stood up.

   "Why can't we help the Clans? Windclan may need us." The tom swished his long black tail.

   "No, Tallstar. Soon the leaders and medicine cats won't be able to hear or speak to us. Even at the Moonpool." the tabby she-cat meowed.

   "Shadowclan will fight for themselves." growled a huge white tom with black feet. "Whatever you say, Leafpool, won't affect me or my Clan."

   Leafpool glared at him. "There's no choice, Blackstar! The clans will have to fend for themselves. The time is coming nearer. We will talk to them one last time tonight, but from then on, we can't help them. Even if you want to."

   "The clan cats aren't mouse-brained." hissed a skinny gray tom. "They know how to survive for themselves without us."

   "But Jayfeather, they have to stay together!" growled a dark gray she-cat with tangly fur. "Starclan always-"

   "There's going to be no more Starclan if they don't survive together with the warrior code." murmured a blue-gray she-cat. "Yellowfang, they need to make their own choices now." Cats meowed in agreement. The she-cat went on. "We will speak to the medicine cats tonight and tell them of the dark times ahead."

   "Alright, Bluestar." meowed the orange tom. "I will speak for Thunderclan."

   "I will speak for Shadowclan." meowed a small brown and white tom. 

   "Me and Littlecloud." growled Blackstar. The brown and white tom nodded.

   A gray she-cat stood up and gazed at them. "I, Mistystar, will come to Riverclan." Tallstar stood up and looked around at the group of Starclan cats.

   "I will speak for Windclan." he announced.

   "Okay. Tell them this prophecy: When lightning strikes, it will tear apart four trees and the warrior code will vanish." meowed Yellowfang. The five cats nodded and ran off to the woods.