Chapter 1 A Half Dead Friend

It was a normal day for most people, Jeff had plans for this day, plans for killing. What he normally did for the past years, he couldn't remember a day without being able to stay at home. He wanted blood, but he wanted to make a little change, he decided to take it sneaky and cover his scars with a big scarf, it was winter so everybody won't suspect a thing. He got out of his burned house and head the street. As he walked, he was trying to choose which house he would start his day, while walking in the snow he saw something like a square picking out of the snow. He wondered: What he hell is that..? He came closer to the object, looking closer to it now it seemed like an video cassette, he was ready to leave it but then he heard someone saying: Come closer... For some reason he began to walk again in the object, he picked it up and it turns out it was a video game cassette.

He thought: Boring... But for some reason he couldn't let it go, it was "stuck" to his hand. "Shit, why isn't it coming off?" Jeff got back to his house and grabbed his knife trying to unstuck the thing. It finally got off his hand and fell into the ground. He took a few steps away and watch the cassette, he was waiting for it to move but nothing, after a while he got annoyed and stabbed it, making a small crack that later slowly turned green. Jeff thought : What the hell is this?! The green light got stronger and at one point, a boy came out of it. A boy wearing Link's clothes with red eyes smiling at Jeff..

- You shouldn't have done that....
- W.. What? Who are you?
- My name is BEN. I'm the spirit of a kid drowned by his own father on the river nearby.
- Spirit?!
- You have damaged my home and now I will damage yours...
- Heh.. Okay blondy, let's see what you can do!

Ben punched Jeff threw the wall at the bathroom.

- Your wisest choice is to give up and die.
- We'll see about that!!

He threw the toilet cup on Ben's head making him blind and finding the chance to punch him and uppercut him in the air. Jeff grabbed the knife and tried to stab him in the face, but Ben caught it and both of them had a small struggle. Ben used some kind of air attack to push Jeff away, but he came back faster and angrier than before. He smashed a dish on Ben's head and then got him through the table. Ben was unconscious, Jeff tied him up and put him on the basement, Jeff firstly took a good look in the mirror to see how his smile was holding up. But as he was seeing his eyes, he saw that blue color, he hasn't seen it in years. He remembered the man he used to be.. He was angry and happy at himself, he didn't knew what's good or what's bad. Jeff screamed: Randy did this dammit, and they didn't believe me!! It's all their fault. But deep down, he knew he had killed them, he killed them all. He began to remember, his friends, his parents, his brother..... Jane..? He was suddenly hit by a wave of guilt, he tried to ignore it, even if he tried to fix what he did no one would forgive him.

He started to feel a pain in his mouth, then it got stronger and stronger. The pain was unbearable, it was the same pain he had felt all this years ago when he carved the smile on his face. He started to cry, but he wasn't sad, not that sad. He knew something was off, the guy with the name Ben, he could have an answer. When he showed up everything changed on him, he had to interrogate him.

He got out of the bathroom, grabbed Ben and head for the basement. He tied him up in a chair and waited to wake up. When he finally did, Jeff said:

- You bastard, what did you do to me?
- What are you talking about?
- You know very well what I am talking about!! Talk or I will rip your lips and eyes off!!!
- Calm down Jeffrey.. Tell me what happend to you.
- When you showed up I had a strange feeling about you, when we were fighting, you touched me and got something in my head did you? Guilt took over me! My smile started to hurt.. Like it was before....
- Ah! So I see you have experience this before right? When?
- Why should I tell you?
- Look I know you, okay? You haven't got to talk to anyone all this years, tell me your pain.
- I have no pain....
- Regrets?
- No...
- I see it in your eyes Jeff, tell me..

Jeff got angry and was ready to stab him, but then Ben said:

- Come on do it, if it makes you sleep with the right side then do it!
- RAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Jeff stabbed the wall next to Ben's face, scratching him in the cheek.

-...........
- I see now...
-.......
- You are blinded by your rage, you have made decisions on your life that you arent proud of. I got all that guilt to your mind, so you can see through the rage and Sadness so you can choose the choices that you think are the best..
-.........
- You are not in this alone...

Jeff released Ben, he then told him:

-..... Get out......now.....
-..........
- ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?!?! GET OUT NOWWWW!!!!!!
-........

Ben walked at the door after he took the cassette with him, Jeff had lost more than a simple videogame world, he had lost his life, like him. He would definitely come back, to show him a way, it was called REDEMPTION.