1978 - 7

"Ahh, Eva. How lovely to see you again, how's your father keeping?" Mr Hughes asked. The sarcasm in his voice almost made me roll my eyes.

"He's doing great, he was asking about you too actually." I said as Brittanys mother stepped aside, letting me in to their house.

Brittany's dad grunted, "I'm sure he was, the horrible old goat."

Maria, her mom smacked him on the arm. "Brian! Enough. Come on in Eva, Brittany will be so pleased to see you. She's been in a horrible mood the whole vacation."

"Really, why is that?"

Her mother let out a small nervous laugh, "oh, you'll see. She's upstairs in her room."

I was confused by what she meant but I made my way round her house and upstairs to Brittany's bedroom.

Knocking on her door, I could hear groans and whimpers of pain coming from inside, "come in ."

"Brittany? Are you-" I quickly came in shutting them door behind me, "oh my god."

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me, Brittany was lying on her bed like a star covered in a green moisturiser, and bandages on her upper arms.

"What on earth is wrong?" I couldn't hide the shock from my voice.

"I got sun burnt, real bad Eva. I have 3rd degree burns all over my body. I am in so pain and I can't move."

"Aw you poor thing!" I said walking towards her bed and sitting down carefully, making sure not to hurt her. "I feel so bad for you, is there anything you need?" I asked.

She looked miserable, it looked so painful, every part of her body was covered in the cream and she was only wearing a sports bra and pair of shorts.

"Not at the minute, unless you have a magical way of switching bodies with me." She closed her eyes before letting out a small laugh. "I suppose it's my own fault, everyone told me to wear sun cream, but nope, I have to burn myself alive."

I smiled at her sadly, "actually.." she started, "would you mind doing me massive favour?"

She was staring at me, she almost looked desperate, "anything, what is it?"

She cleared her throat, "well you know how my dad doesn't let Jack over, like ever, but I really need him to drop my bag and purse over. Would you mind getting it for me?"

"Couldn't you just explain to your dad that you really need it?" I asked her, as much as I would love to help her especially with the way she is but her boyfriend kind of freaked me out a bit, he was always messing around and causing trouble.

She pouted, "I know you don't like him but please. I'm scared he's going to use my birthday money that's in my purse."

Why on earth she was with this guy if she thought he was capable of doing something like that I'll never know. It wouldn't surprise me if he did though. I couldn't blame her father for not wanting the boy around.

I sighed, "fine. How will I get it off him?" I gave in. It would be a quick interaction, I wouldn't be spending anymore time around him than needed. Just get Brittany's stuff and go.

"You'll have to call to his house, it's like a 20 minute walk from here. You know beside the old skating rink?" She said, I instantly regretted agreeing to this. That was so far away. But I knew where it was, it actually wasn't too far from where Harry's apartment was.

She gave me his address and thanked me, she even went to get up to see me out but I begged her not too, she was nearly crying in pain just by talking.