1978

The year was 1978, and I was finally finished the school year. Tired, hungry and alone, here I was lying in my bed on a Saturday night, glooming over how boring my life was.

With nothing to do and no one to talk to I needed out of this house before I screamed.

The only thing you could hear in my house was my brother and his friends shouting around my house, at 25 years of age you'd think they'd grow up a bit. 

Me being the lazy piece of crap I am, was still in the clothes I'd wore to my last day of school, the small stain on my skirt wasn't bothering anyone, and i certainly couldn't care any less.

I trailed myself downstairs in a desperate need to find some food, and I was greeted with some empty and some full bottles of beer and large crowd of boys and girls in my living room, some whom I recognised some who I had never even seen before.

I rolled my eyes and grunted, I was definitely not in one of my good moods and I dared someone, anyone, to cross me. Have you ever been in one of them moods where you just want to punch someone?

"Awk, Eva! Have you bothered to join us?" My brother said as he sat on our new sofa.

My mom and dad are away for 2 weeks on their holidays to our holiday home, I wish they'd of brought me. So my brother clearly thinks it's fine to wreck the house the first night they're away.

"Why would I ever want to join use?"

One out of the four girls scoffed, the others stayed quiet.

"That's not a nice way to greet our guests."

"They're your guests, not mine."

A few of the boys laughed, I loved Dee's friends, (short for david). They're always kind to me and make me laugh, but I only know a few of them, he tends to keep them away from the house. Probably cause my mother and father wouldn't approve. Although maybe if he would move out already that wouldn't be a problem.

"You love us Eva." Brody said. He was my favourite, such a funny guy.

"Leave me alone." I said, he knows I'm only messing.

Dee and his friends weren't the type of
People you wanted to mess with, and most people knew it. My brother seemed to always have a lot of money to spend, and I know working on cars didn't give him all that, but he says 'it's just from the overtime' yeah, alright hun, your not fooling me. I just have to catch you out. But I'm not stupid.

My mom and dad have had a tough life with my brother, his whole life he'd been in the wrong crowds, drinking, taking drugs, by the time he was 17 he'd worked up a 2,000 dollar debt that my parents had to pay him out of, and then when he was 18 he was hospitalised after taking dodgy drugs, still to this day only our close family members and his friends know about it. It's not something he's proud of.

The kitchen wasn't a complete mess, but I certainly wouldn't be tidying the house in the morning.

With my pizza in the oven and the timer set for 30 minutes I decided to wait for it in what my dad calls 'my cave' e.g, room, just because I spent all my days in there and occasionally come down for my dinner.

I gathered the drink and chocolate bar I had out and went back upstairs to room, and changed into my nightie, it was a bit worn out, but it would do, I picked out a movie and got into my bed.

Me, being the oblivious cow I am completely forgot about my pizza in the oven and 45 minutes into my movie I jumped out of my bed, put on my slippers and sprinted all the way back downstairs.

The smell in the air was disgusting and it was all I could smell. There was only 3 people left in the living room and the 3 of them were lying on the sofas, Dee was sleeping and brody, and another guy were watching a movie.