Chapter 8

They stopped the interviews just before it was my turn to make a special announcement.

"There is an exciting change this year," Caesar said into the camera. "As you know, the viewers will vote for their favorite tributes and the one with the fewest votes each round will be eliminated. Normally, the winner of the Humping Games gets a small trophy and some food. Boring if you ask me." The audience cheered. "This year, I am pleased to announce, the winner of the Games has something more to look forward to. In honor of the 69th Humping Games, the winner will be given a cash prize so big the Kardashians will be begging them for money. The winner will have a mansion in every District of the country. One Direction will play a private concert for the winner on their birthday. I've even heard a rumor that Harry Styles will perform in his undies. Ladies and gentleman, the winner will be crowned the king or queen of 69."

The audience went wild. They screamed and cheered. Several women flashed the cameras for all the viewers at home. When they finally settled down, Caesar called my name to the stage.

"Katlick Eversweet," he said, shaking my hand. I took a seat on stage with him. My hands were shaking so I clasped them together in my lap.

"Now you volunteered in your sisters place," he said.

"Yes, I took Prissy's place."

"Why would you do such a thing?" Caesar asked. The lights and the cameras were making me nervous. I saw Cinnabun sitting in the front row. He smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

"I was dying to get my freak on," I told him. "I have these dreams at night and I touch myself..."

"I think we get the idea," Caesar cut in. The audience broke into laughter. "Something amazing is happening this year. You've become a star. The folks on Wattpad are already cheering for Katlick. Take a look."

He pointed to a giant monitor behind us. Hundreds of comments from Wattpad flashed by on the screen. I couldn't believe it.

"Wow," I breathed. I saw some comments about Cinnabun getting sexy with me and my face got hot.

"Incredible, isn't it?" Caesar asked. "There's a lot at stake with such a big prize this year. You have a lot to hump for." He stood and helped me to my feet. " Katlick Eversweet."

I walked off stage as the audience cheered. Heyhey and Eiffel were backstage. I sat with them to watch Pita's interview.

"Oh, Pita," Caesar said when he sat down. "That wiener flash was so lovely." Pita laughed.

"It felt good," he said.

"I bet it did. Now, is there any special lady back home that would be jealous to watch the Games?" Pita stared into the camera for several seconds.

"No."

Caesar Fudgepickle looked shocked.

"You're a handsome fellow, there's got to be some special girl in your life."

Pita looked down at the ground. He was acting weird. It wasnât the Pita I was used to seeing.

"Well, there is one girl I'd like to hook up with," he said.

Caesar leaned forward excitedly.

"I knew it! Do you think she'll forgive you for all the action you get inside the arena?"

Pita shrugged. "Will I forgive her is more like it."

There was silence from the crowd.

"What do you mean?" Caesar asked.

Pita swallowed and looked in the camera.

"It's Katlick. I'm in love with Katlick."

I jumped from my chair. Heyhey grabbed a hold of me.

"Dafuq did he just say?" I screamed.

"Calm down," Heyhey told me. "He's doing you a favor."

"That slimy bastard. He's not in love with me."

Caesar put a sympathetic hand on Pita's shoulder.

"That's tough, kid. I can't imagine what it will be like for you in there. Katlick is going to have her hands full...among other parts."

I ran over to Pita as soon as he was backstage. I held my fist up in his face.

"How dare you lie to everyone like that," I said.

"I didn't lie."