Chapter 4

I screamed as the woman ripped the wax off my leg.

"This is going to take all day," she muttered.

I was lying naked on a table while the two women waxed and tweezed every hair from my body. This was after they scrubbed all the dirt and filth from me.

"How do you expect to get any men with all this hair on your legs?" she asked.

"Gavin never complained," I told her. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Did Gavin ever throw you on the bed and have his way with you?" she asked. I tried to picture him doing that. The thought of him getting sexy with me sent a shiver through my body. I missed him so much.

"No," I said. "It's not allowed."

"Allowed or not allowed, I can't blame him for not touching a hairy beast like you."

I smacked the bitch right across the mouth. She stumbled backwards and stared at me.

"You got something else to say?" I asked her. She ran out of the room crying.

The other woman finished preparing my body and then she went away. I was alone in the little room. I looked at myself in the mirror. Damn! I looked good. I ran my hands over the smooth skin and smiled.

The door opened and a sexy hunk of man walked in. I shrieked and grabbed my robe to cover myself. He smiled at me.

"You don't have to be shy, Katlick" he said. "I'm Cinnabun. I'm your stylist." He had short hair and dark skin. He was all man and his eyes were all over me.

"Nice to meet you," I purred.

"Let me have a look at you," he said. He pulled my robe down. His eyes moved up and down my body. "Mmmm. You're sexy. You're gonna score big in that arena, girl."

I blushed. "Thanks."

"I like your hair braided the way it is. I have some big ideas for how to present you and Pita at the ceremony."

I got nervous when he mentioned the ceremony.

"Don't worry," he said. "Just do exactly what I say and you'll do great."

Later that night I was waiting with Pita to go out in front of the crowds. We were from District 12 so we were the last ones to go. I could hear the crowd applaud each time one of the districts went out there. Suddenly, it was our turn.

The lights dimmed. Our chariot pulled out in front of the biggest crowd I've ever seen. They were silent, waiting for us do something. Then the music blasted and the lights came on.

"Heyyyyy sexy lady," the song blared. We started our dance just like Cinnabun showed us. Gangnam style.

The crowd went crazy. Everyone started singing and dancing.

After a standing ovation, the President gave a short speech.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you our tributes for the 69th annual Humping Games."

I imagined Gavin and Prissy back home, watching me on tv. It felt like a dream.