Chapter 12

Chapter 12

RAINS POV

I saw everything play in my head. Everything that my mother had been through. All the times she was hurt and how she never gave up. From when she was born and to losing her parents. My grand parents. It was horrible. One thing i did know was that death was peaceful. It was so easy and quick. I could see why my mother wanted to give up. But like her, i knew i had to avoid the light. The light was pulling me towards it but i avoided it. Jake needed my help.

I could here people talking. 'Its been at least a day now, why is she not awake?' i could hear the panick in my mums voice. 'Hunny calm down, the scar is on her chest she is fine' my father was telling her i was fine over and over again. 'So to answer your question' my eyes shot open. That wasnt me and it wasnt Patience. I could see a blue light coming from my chest. It was like a lightning bolt. It was magnificent. My parents were staring at me and Paige and Sam had only just woken up. I suddenly remembered Saphira and Jake. 'Soo!' I said. I could tell i started to panick again. But i had to know the answer. 'They will be there within a week, there are 50 of them' My heart stopped. 50? Thats way to many. Jake doesnt have many fighters only around 15 men are in his pack. There are about 10 women and only 4 of them dont have children. That means 19 fighters. 'And your going to fight with them so thats 20 and trust me we will kick ass' I laughed when Saphira spoke. 'That we will' Patience added, causing me to laugh again.

''Rain?'' It was my mum. My scar stopped glowing and i jumped up and hugged her. ''Thank you'' i replied as she wrapped her arms around me. I took in her sent. She smelt wonderful, just how a mother should smell. ''Im glad your ok'' i pulled away from the embrace and smiled at her, ''Sooo'' my father asked. At first i didnt understand but then it clicked. ''There are 50 of them and they will be there within a week. Jake has 19 fighters altogether and including me thats 20 but i cant shift'' My mum and dad looked at each other, ''We will fight with you'' They said together. Paige and Sam agreed to fight to. ''How long will it take to get back to Jake'' They looked at my Dad, ''Oh thats it make the genius do it, now you know where you get the brains from'' I laughed as my dad spoke. ''It will take at least a week'' I wasnt happy but i wasnt waiting either. ''We leave now, and we are not stopping'' They agreed. ''And you know where you get the fighting skills from'' I laighed and agreed with my mother. My fighting, tracking and combat skills had all come from her.

Just then something clicked. ''Dad are you an Alpha?'' He looked at me and smiled. ''Yepp, im definatly a bad ass'' Everyone laughed including my wolf and spirit. I had alpha blood running through my veins. I was a wearwolf, i had blade within me and now i had spirit. Cool. I was awesome. 'Dont get big headed' Both Saphira and Patience said. When i looked up all three of them were in wolf form. I smiled. My mum was pure white with green eyes. Paige was a really dark brown with crystal blue eyes. And my dad was jet black with bright flaming eyes. The blackness of his fur reminded me of Blake. I looked down and then at sam. He was sat on Paige. I smiled. I decided to ride on my dad, due to him reminding me of Blake and because he wouldnt let mum take me. I was pulled away from my thoughts when they all started running.

We had been running for a total of 6 days. One more day and we would be there. I was so hungry along with everyone else so we had to stop. We needed all the strength we could get. Me and mum decided to pick some fruit and collect water while the others went to get food. I filled up all of the canteens and went to help mum collect fruit. She had picked apples already and had found some strawberries. I decided to help her pick them. ''Do you feel lost without Saphira'' She was suprised by my sudden question and touched her scar which was no longer a lightning bolt. It was just a circle. ''Supringly no. But i do miss her.'' I smiled at her. ''Im sorry'' I felt the need to apologise because i had taken part of her away. I suddenly felt guilt and wanted to hand Saphira back but i couldnt. Once she is passed on thats it. She is stuck with me now. And i couldnt help but feel like i didnt deserve her, i hadnt been through as much as my mum has. I hadnt gave my life to save another, i had no idea what it felt like to feel dead so many times or to go through a life of battle after battle. My mother was my idle and i wanted to be just like her. I loved her so much.