Chapter 1

Chapter 1

''Come on Lorrain! It will be fun'' Jake was begging me to go to Stacy's party. He was my best friend and I would usually go with him but it was Stacy. ''Jake im sorry but ive told you a thousand times No!'' Je frowned and then smiled. Oh no! I tried to run but he grabbed me and pinned me down to the floor.

He started tickling me and I was trying to push him off but I couldnt stop laughing. ''Pwease'' He said as he gave me the puppy eyes. He was so cute when he did that, with his brown hair and eyes. It suited him well. ''Fine ok but if she starts I will put her in her place'' And by his face I knew he knew I would.

He got off me and smiled ''Good and I dont doubt that you will, no go get dressed!'' I smiled and headed to my room. My parents were out at work for the week. It was nice to have a house alone even though my boys kept coming round. No not boyfriends but I hang around with boys not girls. I did have a girl as a friend but she was always with Stacy - who I hated. I went into my walk in closet and grabbed some tracky bottoms. ''Its a pool party!'' I heard Jake shout.

Either he could read minds or he knew me to well. I sighed and grabbed some jeans that had the ripped effect. I then grabbed a superman t-shirt that hung off one shoulder. I grabbed my red converse and went to do my hair. I pulled it into a braid and put a little mascara on. I looked myself in the mirror and nodded my head in approval.

''And the boss returns!'' I slapped his shoulder and went outside. I was about to get into my car when Jake pulled me by my arm. ''Jake! What the hell'' He shoved me into the passeger seat and got into the drivers seat. He put the radio on and the song Rita Ora - how we do came on. Jake sang along to it. He started dancing at the wheel and I couldnt help but giggle.

''Come on Lorrain, sing with me'' He said pushing my arm. I never sang around anyone apart from Jake. The song finished ''Haha to late Jakey boy'' He gave me a smirk and waited for the next song. We were about 5 minutes from Stacy's. I lived in the forest with my mum and dad. The boys would always drive up every weekend and we would chill out in my room. My house had 3 floors in total.

The bottom floor was a room that was always locked. I had never been down there, only my parents had. The first floor was huge. It had a living room, a kitchen, a dinning room, a bathroom and a game room. The next floor had a bathroom, my room and my parents room.

My room was based on blues and greens. I had 3 walls light blue, but there was a section that stuck out on the middle wall and that was pale green. It had a 50 inch plasma screen on it. The wall to the left was all glass and you could see the forest through it. Well I could see out, people could not see in. It had a fish tank going all the way across it, in the middle. I had tropical fish in there. Then my bed was on the wall oposite the tv. It was king size with a green floral pattened sheets.

My floor was a white wooden floor, and when the radiator was turned on my floor would heat up. had little fairy lights going all around my room. I had a green door to the right of my tv and that was my bathroom which was brown and cream. And to the left of my tv I had my walk in closet.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the song Adele - Rolling in the deep came on. I started to song along, ''Theres a fire starting in my heart, reaching a feaver pitch and its bringing me out the dark. Finally I can see you crystal clear, go ahead-''

I stopped when I noticed Jake looking at me. I looked at him and he was smiling. I carried on singing ''We could have had it alll, rolling in the deeeeEp-'' I was interupted by Jake, ''Wow...Lorrain you can actually sing'' I blushed and sunk into my seat. Jake giggled and parked outside Stacy's house.

I got out the car and walked inside. The girls were already giving me funny looks. Just because I hung around with guys who happen to be on the football team. So what! Urgh they really annoyed me. I walked inside and could smell the beer and alcohol already.

I walked to the garden noticing people making out. ''Lorrain how are you babe, miss me already!'' I smiled and walked over to Callum. '.Hi to you to Callum'' He smiled and then put his arm around my shoulder. ''im guessing Jake dragged you here'' I nodded and stepped out of his arm. ''Yes he did, so do you care to take me home now'. He laughed and walked off ''Oi! Callum'' He stopped and turned smirking at me ''Sorry boss but I have stricked orders from captain not to take you home'' He said walking away. Jake was going to get a slap. I walked back into to house and went into the living room to see them playing Spin the bottle. Jake wasnt there which ment he was upstairs with some girl. Probably Stacy.

I walked upstairs ignoring all the guys whistling at me. Jerks! I opened the door to Stacy's room and saw her under Jake. They didnt notice me come in. ''Jake how could you! You cheat on me with her!'. He shot me a shocked starw and Stacy shot from under him. ''Jake whats going on?'' He looked at me before managing to find his voice ''Nothing, Lorrain what are you doing here and what are you onner bout?'' I looked down trying to look sad, because I never cry, I had not cried once. '' You choose her over me! That piece of trash!'' Stacy's eyes widened and she slapped him before running out the room.

He fell back into the bed and I burst out laughing. Im glad he had the covera on though, or I would see more than I wanted to. He groaned into the pillow then turned around, ''Lorrain why did you do that! What the hell now I have to go find another girl!'' He was such a player at parties. ''Thats for telling your team to not take me home!'' I was still laughing. Then he stood straight up and grabbed my face with my hands. ''Eww Jake!'' I turned around and heard him ''Shit! Sorry Lorrain I forgot!'' I walked out the room. Ok, I guess Karma does exsist.

I walked downstairs to see Stacy walking up with Callum, ''Um Callum she has just left the room that had Jake in and had not finished her buisness'' He let go of her hand and walked downstairs. I laughed. I loved ruining her night, she was such a bitch thinking guys will stay with her because she had sex with them.

''Oh my God Lorrain, what is you fucking problem!'' I laughed ''Dont use Gods name in vein and you, your my problem!'' I never swore, unless I was really angry. ''Then why are you at my house Dumbass!'' Ok that was a good question. ''Because I was dragged here, if I had a choice I would rather avoid your house!'' And that was a good come back for a good question. ''Fuck you, your just a cunt!'' Ok she had done it. I hated that word. It was discusting and sharp. I headbutted her and she fell down the stairs. Luckily for her it was a soft fall. She stood up crying, ''what the hell you physco!'' She was really getting under my skin.

I went to walk down to her when I was held back ''She's not worth it Lorrain'' It was Jake. I relaxed and walked past her. ''Thats it, do as Jakey says!'' That was it I was pissed. '' Oh fuck you, you stupid bitch. Get a life!'' Everyone gasped due to my swearing. Jake was shocked and let go off me. I walked towards her and went to punch her but was pulled away by Callum and Dimitri. ''Ok I think we should leave now'' They pulled me outside and gave me some grapes. They always helped to calm me down for some reason. I got into Jakes car, and saw him coming out laughing. He hopped in with a smirk on his face.

''Lorrain, you would not happen to know why Stacy has a huge bruise on her forehead?'' I smirked and looked at him ''I may have headbutted her'' He laughed and started the car. I had finished the grapes by the time we had got back to mine. ''Mind if I stay over?'' I shook my head and Jake came in the house.

He lay onto the couch and then looked at me. He came over giving me a hug. ''Its ok Lorrain'' I snuggled into him and sat down on the couch with him. I could feel myself drifting off to sleep but didnt care, I was to tired. I let the darkness consume me.

****************************** Hey readers! So this is the follow on to Death is peaceful. I didnt want to jump right into it because I ran out of ideas when I did that in the first book. This book is about Rain, but in this she is called Lorrain, because the hunters changed her name. Nobody calls her Rain..well not yet ;) Shall I continue? Please comment!

TEASER: Parents coming home? Blake? :p