Ch. 5 // COS

Everyone clambered out of their seats and rushed out of the dungeon after the bell rang, except for Clara.

She sat uncomfortably shifting in her seat and mentally cursing herself for forgetting what day it was.

Severus looked up from his papers at his daughter, who was staring back at him. He raised an eyebrow and looked at the clock. She usually would be outside by now either, running off to the quidditch field with her new Ravenclaw friend, Cho Chang, or going to visit Hagrid with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, given that they had a free period before lunch.

"The bell rang, Clara." said Severus.
"I- I know." Clara said shifting again, cringing as she did.

Severus gave her a concerned look. Clara always described it as "the dad face". A look he only gave her when he knew something was wrong. He used it quite often. By the time Clara was five, she developed a distaste for it. When she rode Draco's broomstick for the first time, she crashed into some tree branches, and though she was fine and nothing was broken, Severus came running frantically outside and said they needed to go home. Though she didn't really like the look, she was glad to see it this time.

Severus walked over to her. "Are you alright?" He felt her head. "Are you sick?"

"Dad," Clara pushed his arm away, "I'm not sick, I'm just. . . ."

"What?" Severus asked frantically. "Just what? Are you hurt? Nauseous? Do you need me to make you a potion? I can flavor it for you."

"No dad, I bled thr. . . ."

She purposely didn't finish her sentence. It was too embarrassing for her. And why? It was just her period. Every girl has them, but Clara had managed to miscalculate the days and bled during her potions lesson. She didn't dare get up at any point in class. She crossed her legs as she cringed, hoping no one else knew.

Clara looked up at Severus with glossy dark grey eyes. "I've bled through my skirt."

His daughters almost teary eyes squeezed Severus's heart. He bent down slightly and engulfed her in his arms, his cloak wrapping around her like it used to. Clara didn't know why, but she started crying. Severus felt her tears dampen his chest before he let go and tapped Clara's chin, making her look up at him.

"I still have your old skirt from last year in my dormitory." He told her. "You can wear that until you have the chance to change. If you'd like, I can brew you a potion that will help take away your cramps."
Clara wiped away a stray tear before nodding.
Severus sighed. He always spoiled his little girl with what he had, so taking her out to Honey Dukes for some sweets wouldn't hurt, right?
"It is the weekend," He said before walking over to his cauldron. "How about after you change and after I give you this potion, we go to Honey Dukes?"

Clara looked up from her lap and smiled as Severus turned his head to look at her.

"Really?" She asked. "Like really? We're going to Honey Dukes like we used to?"

Severus nodded. "If it'll make you feel better."

"Oh yes, Daddy! It would! Thank you!" Clara ran over to Severus and gave him a big squeeze around his middle.

"I love you!" She yelled before running to get her old skirt.

After putting on her old skirt, Clara ran as fast as she could down the hall before bumping into George Weasley.
"Whoa Whoa!" He laughed as Clara almost fell on her face, trying to stop. "What's the rush?"

"I'm going to Honey Dukes for some sweets with my dad. He said he'll buy me whatever I want." Clara beamed.

"Wow....Snape has a heart?"