Ch. 6 // POA

Clara shuffled through the halls and down the steps to Severus' quarters. She knew she was in for a tongue lashing once dinner ended, but she just wanted to get it out of the way so she could move on with her third year. Unbeknownst to her, Severus had other plans.

Clara opened the large door leading to the parlor and was met with her trunk, her satchel, and Odile, who was still in her cage. Clara raised her eyebrows as she saw her stuff in the middle of the parlor floor. Maybe someone got confused and left her stuff in her father's quarters, but how? She had been going to Hogwarts as a student for three years now.

Just as she was about to take her stuff to her dormitory, the door opened. Clara turned around and saw Severus, his eyes narrowed. He was absolutely livid at the child, but he knew that if he scolded her right off the bat, it'd only lead to more problems.

Severus took a deep breath and calmed himself briefly. "Have a seat, Clara."

Clara crossed her arms, moved over towards the sofa and sat down, her eyes avoiding her father at all costs.

"I understand you had quite an eventful summer," Severus gave his daughter a pointed look. "Do you mind telling me where you were? Because you certainly weren't at the Malfoy's."

Clara didn't say anything.

Severus already knew where she had been. She knew what he was trying to do. There was no way he was going to try and make her out to be a liar when he lied to her for several years.

"Oh, are you not talking to me?" Severus asked as he sat down in his armchair.

Clara still didn't reply.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing, little girl, if you do not start obeying me right now, your punishment will be a lot worse than it already is."

Clara couldn't believe her ears! Punishment?! For what?!

She huffed and finally spoke. "You already know where I went."

Severus raised and eyebrow and his hand. "Come over here and talk to me properly."

Clara rolled her eyes and stomped over to her father.

"Without the attitude, please." Severus almost gritted his teeth. "Now tell me where you were."

"I was in Surrey," Clara said, her eyes on the floor. "I went to go visit Harry."

Severus nodded. "So you lied about where you were for three months."

"You lied to me about my family!" Clara protested. "All I did was leave to go see my brother, who I didn't know existed for years! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Didn't do anything wrong?" Severus' voice was low and stern. "Young lady, you could have very well put yourself and every other witch and wizard in danger including your brother! Then when I requested that you come home, you ignored my instructions and proceeded to do whatever you wanted! In case you have forgotten, you are the child and I am the adult!"

Severus sat back and rubbed his temples. "We will discuss the rest of this tomorrow. It's getting late."

Clara was relieved. She thought Severus would've been more harsh on her.

She grabbed a handle off her trunk and started towards the door, but before she got far, Severus called her back. "And where exactly do you think you're going?"

Clara turned around slightly. "My dormitory?"

Severus stood up and shook his head. "Oh no, you have broken my trust. For the whole year, you will be staying in your old room."

Mon Cher (Severus Snape Daughter FF)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara