Chapter 1

Chapter 1

*10 days ago*

-Niall's POV-

I walked into the bathroom after almost an hour wait, and stripped of my clothes. I let the water run into the tub as I changed the radio station. The UAN tour was now over, and we had a least two months before we started recording new songs for our new album. Everyone went to their house for almost a week before we had to see each other again, so we've spent already two weeks together. It vary's on who's house were staying at though. We've already been to Harry's and Zayn's.

"Niall would you mind handing me my hair brush." Zayn hollerd through the door, snapping me out of my thoughts. I saw it by the bathtub, so I grabbed it and walked to the door. Once I opened the door I saw how completely dry he was. It was strange. Zayn had just got out of the bathroom. I furrowed my brows, shutting the door after he took it. I sat down in the bath tub, listening to music and shutting my eyes for a little bit.

I felt something touching my legs, and the sound of bubbles surfacing. My arms and back burned as the bubbles surfaces faster around my legs. The pain was so bad that I had to clench my fists tightly. It hurt to even do that, but I had to do something to try to keep myself quiet. Someone knocked on the door, and then my pain went away. My eyes shot open to see my lower half covered in green fish scales. "Niall," Paul hollered. "You've been in here of almost an hour. Are you okay?"

An hour? It feels like two minutes! "Yeah," I lied. My eyes finally scanned my arms to see a sparkly green pattern starting at my fingers and going up my arm. "What in the world," I whispered to myself as I rubbed my hand up and down on my thigh. "I'm a merman? Niall, you really need to stop drinking those energy drink before you go to bed," I told myself.

-Louis' Flashback- ~16 Days Ago~

"Bye babe." I whispered, kissing her sweet lips one last time before she went home. Eleanor pulled back and walked out the door. I was now alone in my quiet house with nothing to do. As I walked away from the front door, I headed for the kitchen. My eyes caught on my pool, and I felt the urge to go swimming. "I haven't been swimming for a while," I said running to my bedroom and changing into some swimming trunks. They were red with strips. My favorite. Smiling to myself, I ran outside and stopping at the edge of the pool. The water was blue, and it was 13 foot deep. I dove in, causing waves to ripple across the top of the water.

I quickly surfaced before I ran out of air. I brought my hand up to push my hair out of my eyes, and that's when a sharp pain trickled up my spine, and shot through my arms, as bubbles surrounded my kicking legs. A bright light shot out of my wrist as it burned my skin making a design. I made a girls scream, and tried rubbing the light off but it didn't work. "What is going on?!" I rubbed harder, but it doesn't work.

My heart started racing as I looked down at my legs. I expected to see my legs kicking but instead I saw a red fish tail. My eyes widened to the size of golf balls. "I'm a.." I started not knowing what to call myself. "Mermaid?!" The name seemed right, then again it didn't. "What the hell is happening to me?!"

-Harry's POV- ~14 Days Ago~

I walked away from Louis, who was sitting on his couch watching tv. "I'm gonna go take a shower man." He nods not answering with his usual saying 'let me join you'. Shaking it off as nothing, I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me and instantly stripped of my clothes. The bathroom was fairly small but it had enough space for a toilet, a bathtub, and two sinks. I started to step into the tub when Louis walked in.

"Sorry, had to get Eleanor's pills she left here." He walked to the cabinet, grabbed what he needed, then walked out. Furrowing my brows, I stepped into the warm water and realized that my phone was on the sink. I hopped out, and while I was walking to go get it, I fell. Pain shot through my head as steam surrounded my legs. I groaned grabbing my head. I must've groaned pretty loud because Lou came rushing in. "Hazza?!"

"Lou, make this pain stop! It hurts so bad!" Lou carefully put his hands on my head, and the pain started to die down. "What's wrong with me?!"

"You're one too..." He whispered. The pain completely stopped, and I looked up at him. His eyes widened and he looked for something. "Where is it?! I know it's he- Ah ha! There it is!" Louis had a mirror in his hands, and the reflection side was faces towards me. Underneath my curls I noticed sparkly orange lines. They started at my hair line, and then one of them went down my nose a little bit. Then it curved so it almost traced my eye shape. "Watch this," Louis said walking to the tub. He stuck his hand in the water, and I waited for something. I'm not sure what, but when it happened I was shocked. He grew a tail, and had red designs all over his back and arms.

"We're alike?! How?" Louis shrugged his shoulders, and I just studied his designs. They were red and stayed mostly near his hands, and they seemed to wrap around each finger. "Louis, what do you think made us like this?

"Honestly, I'm not sure."

-Niall's POV- ~Present Day~

"Niall, you have everyone's designs, but you don't have a power." Harry commented as we all changed back into our human forms.

"I changed last. I probably don't have a power like you guys." I grabbed a shell that was sitting in the sand and turned it over in my hands. "I'm gonna go for a swim, you guys go ahead and do what ever you wanna do." I got up, walking to the ocean. The water hit my feet, and I quickly ran into the water before I changed. I swam down, taking in the scenery. Why was I made a freak?