Chapter 4

Chapter 4

R E C A P

"Go tell Niall that you never want to see him again. Oh, and stay away from us, you little freak." His eyes changed colors, and I felt myself climbing out the window. Niall was still in his mermaid form.

"Niall, I never want to see you again." I trudged off the beach and swam back home. What in the world did I just do?!

P R E S E N T D A Y

***Niall's POV***

I laid there, my arms propping myself up, watching Hallyn dive into the water and swim away. Where was my elixir? Why did she say she never wanted to see me again? Honestly, that broke my heart. A lot. But why? It's not like Hallyn and I were something special, were we? She was just a girl that was sort of my friend. The way she talked was adorable, but then again everything about her was adorable. Can girls be adorable? Wait, she's not a girl. She's inhuman. Like me, us. We're just freaks, and God was going to make us stay that way, I was sure of it.

"Why did you tell her about us?! We agreed to keep that-" Liam snapped and then pointed at my tail, "a secret! Do you know how ticked off I am at you?! She could tell the whole world about us! It'd ruin our image Niall, did you even think of that before you told her?!"

"What's going on out here?" Lou asked as he ran out of our shack and Zayn followed.

"Liam, would you stop chewing me out and freaking listen to me?! When something never goes you're way you ALWAYS chew me out and I'm sick and tired of it!" I yelled as I turned back into full human form again. I made sure to stand up and get in his face. "Hallyn only knows about us because she knew that'd we'd be here. She knows about your powers and she has to meet with each of you separately at different times. She knows exactly when we all changed. But now we'll never know what we're meant to do because she never wants to talk to me AGAIN! SO YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY LIAM! BE FREAKING HAPPY!"

"Woah woah, woah! Calm down guys! What's going on?" Louis got in between Liam and I, and shoved us away from each other with one hand at the same time. "What's got you both worked up?"

"He won't believe me!"

"He told someone about us!"

We both argued at the same time.

"Okay, one at a time please. Liam?" I growled as I crossed my arms and shoved Lou's hand off my chest.

"He told someone about us!" Liam spat out while giving me a disgusted look.

"Niall?" Lou questioned.

"He won't believe me! I never told Hallyn about us! She already knew!" I whined as I stomped my foot and looked over at Zayn who was standing five feet away from us with his eyebrows raised in astonishment.

"Wait," Zayn said as he took off to the shack in a hurry. I followed him quickly and noticed that that he was flipping through a book when I got there. "This says something about a fish that knows everything about mermaids. He or she is supposed to meet everyone in order from the time they changed, and once they've met, the said mermaid will become stronger and learn more about what they will become and their power." Zayn read as he dragged his pointer finger across a page of the old dusty book.

"That sounds exactly like Hallyn!!" I cheered as I jumped up and down. A smile stretched on my own lips as Zayn copied and Harry walked into the room.

"Who's Hallyn?" Harry asked as he walked over to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

"The girl that knows about us, and what were supposed to do with our powers," Zayn answered. From then I zoned out, and somehow hopped into Liam's mind.