Chapter Thirteen: The Truth

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

One Month left until the due date

Sounds of drilling and scraping metal filled the open air as Squad 13 all stood around the S-Planning Site. The light of the midday sun glistening off their Franxx as they waited around for something to happen. Though as the squad stood around the perimeter of the site. Argentea couldn't help but keep their eyes off a nearby section of the wall. The male pilot of the mech lets out a whistle over the radio as he gazes at the freshly repaired hole in the wall. From what the two Parasites could tell from the newly placed sheets of metal on the outside of the S-Planning site. The damage done to it had been around the size of one of the Franxx. And odds were it went all the way through the outer part of the wall.

"What do you think did that?" Zorome questions as he places Argentea's hands behind her head.

"What do you think, you idiot?" Miku quickly fires back.

"Who are you calling an id-" before Zorome could continue, Goro begins to speak over the suit's radio. "Apparently from what I heard, a Klaxosaur attacked the last group that was stationed here and busted a wall in the wall. Luckily, however, it seems they all managed to survive the attack, but some did receive some serious injuries." "Well, that good, I guess. But what happened to the Klaxosaur?"

"Don't know, they said it just ran off."

"Hmm, weird." Relaxing the arms of the Franxx. Argentea's gaze shifts from the wall and up to the top of the structure. He watched for a few seconds as the hydraulics of the machine in the center of the site slowly moved up and down. Each time it did. It Caused a heavy cloud of smoke and dust to dispense the air as it hits its lowest point. Cranes all around the machine moved unknown objects inside the walls. Piquing the curiosity of the boy. "Speaking of which. What do you think they're doing in there?" Zorome once again asks the group. "Didn't Nana call it S-Planning or something?"

"Maybe they're digging for something?" Hiro answers back with the best answer he could. "That is an excavator, right?" Before anyone could get a chance to correct the boy on what machine it was. The voice of Zero Two quickly started to speak. "It's probably nothing good." The sound of the hydraulic interrupts the girl for a second before she continues. "I'm about to choke from the stench of Klaxosaur."

"I know!" Zorome yells out. "Maybe we should ask your friend. He might know." The rest of the children seemed hesitant about Zorome's Idea. But after a bit of convincing by the boy. Ichigo activated the small machine around her ear. "Warrior, It's me Ichigo. Are you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here Ichigo. Is everything alright?" You say, clearly focusing on other things.

"Yeah, we're doing fine out here. Just some Klaxosaurs here and there. But we wanted to ask you something."

"Ask away. Though I don't know how much help I'll be."

"Well, we want to see if you knew what S-Planning was? We're standing guard in front of a site and we wanted to know what it was." You stop what you were doing and give your full attention to the girl. Just the mention of the name was enough to make you shudder in disgust. But putting aside your disdain for the topic. You prepare to answer the question the children had. "I'll, um, tell you guys about it later. For now, I think there are more important things for you guys to worry about."

As you finish speaking with them, the group notices that Genista's comms were still transmitting. Turning up the volume on the Franxx signal. You and the rest of the children catch the tail end of a conversation Futoshi was having with Kokoro. "So, could you promise to be my partner forever?!" He proclaimed vigorously to his partner. Completely unaware that his words were being broadcasted for all to hear.